SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<A HREF="http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Community/Car-Magazines-Blogs/Greg-Fountain-Blog/The-Car-Blog-why-modern-F1-is-broken" TARGET="_blank">http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/C...roken</A>/<p>Great article. Can we see the results determined on the track, not in the steward's room or in the FIA HQ.<p>Seriously, enough already!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Re: Formal Appeal to F1: Just let them race! (Needsdecaf)

I agree 100% with the idea that the FIA is doing too much meddleing in a sport that is bound and determined to push the engineering envelope year in and year out. <p>And while they <I>should not</I> be hearing appeals by teams regarding ingenious diffusers or flexi-wings or other "bendings" of the rules; they ought to be doing their job and discipline the teams that are truly unsportsmanlike i.e. <B>deceiving the race stewards</B>.<p>That being said, let's not paint Ferrari as the villian. It's not their fault in this matter! It's the FIA's fault for giving them and the others involved the time of day. This matter should be dismissed immediately thereby sending a message to every team that it's a waste of time trying to appeal an engineering solution that falls within the sporting code.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Formal Appeal to F1: Just let them race! (thesternowl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>thesternowl</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree 100% with the idea that the FIA is doing too much meddleing in a sport that is bound and determined to push the engineering envelope year in and year out. <p>And while they <I>should not</I> be hearing appeals by teams regarding ingenious diffusers or flexi-wings or other "bendings" of the rules; they ought to be doing their job and discipline the teams that are truly unsportsmanlike i.e. <B>deceiving the race stewards</B>.<p>That being said, let's not paint Ferrari as the villian. It's not their fault in this matter! It's the FIA's fault for giving them and the others involved the time of day. This matter should be dismissed immediately thereby sending a message to every team that it's a waste of time trying to appeal an engineering solution that falls within the sporting code.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Neither I nor the article is painting any one team at fault. It's just an overall problem. Teams will appeal when they know they have a shot at getting heard.<p>If they are not heard, if appeals are repeatedly dismissed, they'll stop.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Re: Formal Appeal to F1: Just let them race! (Needsdecaf)

I know you were not...but the article did take a cheap shot at Ferrari.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: Formal Appeal to F1: Just let them race! (thesternowl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>thesternowl</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know you were not...but the article did take a cheap shot at Ferrari.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Well, of course it did. It's from the UK (the land of Ferrari hating and Macca fanboism)!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts