SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want to replace my TD's with some forged wheels, 2 pc. I would like to keep the price under 3800.00, these are my current considerations, Fikse Profil 10, BBS LM, BBS RS-GT I want 18 x 8.5 in front
18 x 9.5 in rear I'm not sure the proper offset, ET 35 in front 25 ET in rear? I want to run 235/40/18 in front, 265/35/18 in rear,diameter will be off .4% I don't mind a little fender rolling. Feedback welcome.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
$3800 that should give you some room but just barely for forged wheels which often go around $900-$1200 a piece
CCW has some nice custom made options... http://www.ccwheel.com/

I came across to so many when I did some search but that was some time ago . . . now I don't have that info :(

edit:
actually I take it back. The choice is going to be limited with 5x108, proper offset, and staggered...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i think the 265 is ambitious even with fender rolling. my rears (on order) are 9.5 wide with a 50mm offset, and im going to be pushing it with alot of fender roll and a 245, maybe a 255, and i was measured. would look damn good tho

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
With that budget the world is your oyster haha. Oh I love wheel shopping!

Could even custom order some Volks if you wanted, would likely be in that same range and are lightweight to boot. I like the CE28N and the RE30.
What about a set of SSR Type C or Work VS-XX?

I would hate you forever but the Advan RZ-DF are forged and look amazing...

·
Registered
6,415 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are some sweet wheels, but those are 5500.00, a little more than I wanted to spend. I'm not totally set on a staggered set-up, 18x8.5 with ET35 would look pretty aggessive and would give me a few more options, would be less of a headache, and easier to sell if I wanted. I promised my wife I'd sell the Harley, the money from that will be split between building a 383 stroker for the 242 and wheels for the V50. The build for the 242 will be around 5K, that leaves 4K+ for wheels. I kinda promised not to spend any more money on the cars and put a little more into the house(new kitchen), however the bike money is mine to spend.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I kinda promised not to spend any more money on the cars and put a little more into the house(new kitchen), however the bike money is mine to spend.
:thumbup:
on both count ;)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Your sizing scares me a bit lol.

You've got so many great options in that price range! I'd go with the Fikse for sure though...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm open for suggestions on sizing, I already have 8" with 5mm spacers in front and 15mm spacers in rear, I rubbed in the back with four people in the car over bumps, but raised the coilovers a little and now fine.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
The fact that Fikse will work with you first hand and could likely even head to their facility would be awesome. Do some cool finish too so its not just the same old machined face.

They were in Kent and have since been bought out but believe they are re-opened in the same facility.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The ride is already on the stiff side, pretty sure I don't want 19's. Thanks for all the ideas!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Roti's come in 18's :p

Get 'em

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
work equips or meisters

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CCW forged wheels are pretty reasonable, I like the C140's and the LM16's this is going to be hard.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts