SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I`ll be taking my car in to replace my TCV tomorrow. I have a Forge CBV lying around and wondered if maybe i should have it installed. It came with and extra spring, and that spring is labeled "may be needed if ecu is remapped".

Anybody run this cbv and if so, is there a need for the stiffer spring? I am at stage one but the spring already installed on the cbv seems pretty stiff.

Any feedbanck on use of forge cbv is of interrest. Please chime in you forged folks..thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, the installed spring is green, the one extra ment for use on ecu remapped car looks yellowish

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
You are correct.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
keep using the green. save the yellow for when you get your k16 upgrade....

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you want to save some money you can replace the TCV yourself fairly easily. I was able to do mine just by jacking up the passenger front, removing wheel, and reaching in. It's tight but totally doable. Much easier if you remove the fender liner as well (which is a piece of cake).

I haven't replaced my CBV yet, althoug I too have a Forge sitting on my workbench, just can't figure out how that bottom screw comes out without removing the entire turbo to access it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I expect any gain in performance or driveability with the forge over keeping it stock?

Stage 1 GT FWD

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
By the way, the installed spring is green, the one extra ment for use on ecu remapped car looks yellowish
Even if remapped, our car takes green. The yellow one is set for like 2 bar, which is way over our stock turbo's capability.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Can I expect any gain in performance or driveability with the forge over keeping it stock?

Stage 1 GT FWD
longevity of replacing a cbv will be increased. you get a different sound too. it's not louder or anything. it's a bit more crisp if you listen carefully.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Even with K16 green spring is fine.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx for feedback. TCV and CBV is now changed. Disconnecting battery and reset adaptation coming up, tech used 2 ours doing both and he took off passenger side axle to gain access.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
TCV is a 5-minute job. Pulling the axle for the CBV is extreme, many of have done it without pulling anything, even the wheel and fenderliner. But, opening everything up certainly makes for a clean approach. Info in the sticky on this, btw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts