SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A topic I don't see discussed in these parts enough is regarding the absolutely ludicrous prices for any sort of volvo wheels. I have found a solution. My father just purchased a focus RS with the optional winter wheel set, so obviously I had to try his standard 19" wheels out. The offset is +45. I regularly see these wheels WITH the sport cup 2 tires for under 1500 dollars on the focus rs forums. OEM winter wheel setup WITH brand new tires - 1200 dollars... see the link.

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/39-parts-sale/97602-fs-oem-rs-winter-wheel-tire-package.html

I will post a photo of my 15 V60 RD on 19" Focus RS wheels later tonight.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Yup, they fit 100%. ST wheels come up a lot, too. I was searching for some nice 18s until I stumbled across a deal on some Bors. This is a great post - people should find it helpful!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Very keen to see some images of this as i had the option to get a set of the winter RS wheels in grey. I think it would look awesome.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Can’t wait to see it. Subscribing.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few photos. As you can see, the offset isn't quite there... I was mistaken when I said +45mm offset, they're actually +50mm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
Those look great emgrock1. I don't know what it is, but I have a soft spot for factory wheels over aftermarket wheels. Even factory wheels from another manufacturer look better than aftermarket to me. And these wheels are rare enough on the focus that most people noticing they came off a focus RS will be focus RS owners. There aren't too many of those.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That looks awesome emgrock1! While the offset isnt quite flush, i think thats a safer fit.

Kicking myself i didn't take the ones that were offered to me.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Great information. I actually like the 50mm offset. It keeps the flanks of the car cleaner in ugly driving conditions.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

One question: I see that the RS uses a 12mm lug bolt. Any issues with using the 14mm Volvo bolts?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great information. I actually like the 50mm offset. It keeps the flanks of the car cleaner in ugly driving conditions.

View attachment 46397

One question: I see that the RS uses a 12mm lug bolt. Any issues with using the 14mm Volvo bolts?
Interesting point on the lug stud size. Didn't consider the diameters, only checked the tapers. It's also worth noting the wheel hub diameters are the same.

I don't see the diameters being a problem as long as the taper diameter and angle are the same. Although, taper diameter would more than likely follow diameter of the stud. Personally, I would be more worried about Volvo wheels on the Ford than vice versa.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
866 Posts
Interesting point on the lug stud size. Didn't consider the diameters, only checked the tapers. It's also worth noting the wheel hub diameters are the same.
Yup, they're 64.3mm. That was the first thing I checked. I'm absolutely against hub centering rings, having seen some which couldn't be removed due to corrosion when needing to install a spare.

I don't see the diameters being a problem as long as the taper diameter and angle are the same. Although, taper diameter would more than likely follow diameter of the stud. Personally, I would be more worried about Volvo wheels on the Ford than vice versa.
Agreed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.