SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock 18" factory pegs at the moment. looking for something new for atleast in the spring as I plan to use the pegs with winter tires if I can find some cheap.

Anyways, what would it take to make these wheels work with my caR? Not my car or wheels but just for reference.

same bolt pattern and tire size, but the bore size is smaller I believe 63ish mm when the cars is 65.1mm.

I am guessing an adaptive spacer of sorts? How much of a spacer in the front and back? any specialty kind needed?

reason asking is I found a set local to me with the 4 rims, and 2 sets of tires. 1 summer with under 10k miles.
and 1 cheap all season set with under 500 miles and 1 is blown from a pothole but only $75 for a new one. all for $700 is this a good deal and how possible is it?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
If the bore size is smaller, it'll be a big pain. Double check that. Everything else checks out, but you still might need spacers to clear the brembos.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
is that an R in the picture? it might fit on that car because it could be an s60 so no brembos..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
There are guys running them on here. I'm not sure if they bored out the ST wheel or what.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is that an R in the picture? it might fit on that car because it could be an s60 so no brembos..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes that's an R in the picture, I almost bought that one but someone beat me to it. good thing, turned out to have problems right away. I wouldn't mind needing spacers anyways I want the wider look. Aren't there spacers I can get without having to bore out the wheels?

·
Registered
8,061 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hub bore is 63.1mm. Ours is 65.1. You'd either need to get them milled out or run a spacer that is longer than the hub, and necks down to 63.1mm on the end.

·
3,958 Posts
Hub bore is 63.1mm. Ours is 65.1. You'd either need to get them milled out or run a spacer that is longer than the hub, and necks down to 63.1mm on the end.
Yup and you need spacers as they do NOT clear the brakes, ask me how I know....

I bought, test fitted an sold them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much spacer would I need to clear the brakes and allow for the step down for the hub?

·
3,958 Posts
How much spacer would I need to clear the brakes and allow for the step down for the hub?
I would say 15 minimum. If you can get the wheels cheap, it maybe worth it but the costs for custom spacers with different hub size ends are pricey. That's what ultimately deterred me.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I just got a brand new set of ST wheels and tires for $300. Will be Re-drilling the center bore to the Rs hub. And hopefully my 10mm front 15 mm rear spacers will clear the brembos. Will update with pics.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Oh and they are new because they were on the car for 2k miles before I sold himy a set of wheels and tires from work.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
the hub on S60R / V70R sticks out about 13mm past the brake rotor. you can safely get 15mm spacers that are 65,1mm hubside, and 63,4mm wheel side. Motorsporttech is a reputable company that can make the spacers for you. IIRC, i paid 210 shipped for 4 10mm spacers with a 66,6 c bore for STR's

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am definitely interested in how this pans out. I really like the look of the ST wheels on an R.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I had some stuff come up and am now going to sell my st wheels. So if your interested they are in the classifieds! Perfect condition.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Do you think a 10mm spacer would clear the front brakes on these?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Sold the wheels. Not worth the hastle to me haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts