SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford is developing a new car to battle the upcoming Chrysler Pacifica (hybrid wagon/SUV). There is a spy shot in the latest AutoWeek, 2/18/02 issue. That car will use the V70 chassis. So, I guess Ford finally saw the light and will use a Volvo platform!<P>Yannis<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
That's interesting. That chassis is scaleable, and plays home to the 60,70,80 and now 90 series of Volvos. I wonder how different the Ford will be from the XC90.

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:<BR><B>That's interesting. That chassis is scaleable, and plays home to the 60,70,80 and now 90 series of Volvos. I wonder how different the Ford will be from the XC90.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>George,<P>actually, as you already know, the chassis (P2) was originally launched with the P23 concept, a.k.a. S80 and then everything else evolved.<P>From the spy picture that I have seen, it looks like nothing close to the XC90. Totally different car. Kind of like a bigger Ford Mondeo Estate.<P>Yannis<P><P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts