You have a stupid dealer then.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
You’ve added nothing to this subject or conversation lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Since I deleted the vacuum pump I tried to see if I could draw power to the fog lights from there, and it works! The only issue I’m having is I can only get the LH side to power on, did I splice too far?
I wouldn't do it that way. If you are going to continue, I think you will have to find the feed wire on the right, and power it from the pump supply. Have you confirmed that wire is switched & stays powered under all running conditions?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I wouldn't do it that way. If you are going to continue, I think you will have to find the feed wire on the right, and power it from the pump supply. Have you confirmed that wire is switched & stays powered under all running conditions?
I have confirmed that it does NOT in fact supply constant power, seems to be on a relay based on when the brakes applied.

I found the wire that supplies the DRL's in the headlight housing , ill just try using those tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have confirmed that it does NOT in fact supply constant power, seems to be on a relay based on when the brakes applied.

I found the wire that supplies the DRL's in the headlight housing , ill just try using those tomorrow.
You will have to be diligent about sealing any wiring you expose/splice. Moisture will absolutely get into and wick through the wiring if not properly sealed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You will have to be diligent about sealing any wiring you expose/splice. Moisture will absolutely get into and wick through the wiring if not properly sealed.
Ya gotta love the hot-glue-heat-shrink...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I was just going to use electrical tape from the dollar store, maybe spray it with some flexi seal. :D

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I was just going to use electrical tape from the dollar store, maybe spray it with some flexi seal. :D
Not the way to go, if you wish to avoid future issues.

You can get silicone tape that adheres to itself to act as a seal. That would be better than nothing, which regular tape will be. Better to cut the wire, add heatshrink to sleeve the connection, then splice the new wire in & seal it with the heatshrink.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I hope you know i was being sarcastic lmao. I actually soldered and heat shrunk them with the ends taped. the driver side works fine now but the passenger side fog and DRL keep turning off after driving for a few minutes. I redid them today with butt splices and same issues. Any ideas? i dont think its a bad connection at the pictured splice, since they work on start up, but if the fog light splice has a bad connection, would that cause the DRL to turn off too?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I hope you know i was being sarcastic lmao. I actually soldered and heat shrunk them with the ends taped. the driver side works fine now but the passenger side fog and DRL keep turning off after driving for a few minutes. I redid them today with butt splices and same issues. Any ideas? i dont think its a bad connection at the pictured splice, since they work on start up, but if the fog light splice has a bad connection, would that cause the DRL to turn off too?
I can't say - the first thing I would confirm is the power supply you have used - if the circuit goes dead - is it the feed or the ground that is switching off? Sounds like you may have tapped into an inappropriate supply.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I can't say - the first thing I would confirm is the power supply you have used - if the circuit goes dead - is it the feed or the ground that is switching off? Sounds like you may have tapped into an inappropriate supply.
Now I can’t even get the drl to power on after removing the fog light, everything else works just no power now but the left side is working fine. Is there a specific fuse for the right side?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Now I can’t even get the drl to power on after removing the fog light, everything else works just no power now but the left side is working fine. Is there a specific fuse for the right side?

You'd have to check the fuse listing and/or the wiring diagram, I'm not familiar with the DRL circuit

21 - 32 of 32 Posts