SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forced to buy an XC90 on an urgent basis since the transmission on my 7 yr old Mazda is gone after 100K miles. Drove a T6 and loved it. Very smooth, quiet and stable at high speed (upto 85 mph).
After the drive I was bummed to find out that the dealer is putting a cargo net, and ouside appearence package on every car you order. They are charging list for the net but asking for a ridiculous $2800 for the appearence package (list is $1200 on Volvo website). I am upset that despite getting MSRP the dealers remain greedy and want more. They are making a healthy profit on the MSRP but they insist on screwing you for every penny they can get out of you. My previous belief that all (most) car dealers are s*umbags has just been re-inforced. I didnt' want to play these games and that is why I had already decided to wait till next year when things may have cooled off a little but the broken transmission spoiled my plans.
The price they quoted to me was around $47.5 for a fully loaded T6 (except NAV and DVD). The lease for that car was $840 for 36 months with 0 down and 12K miles per year.
I am in the New England area. Is anyone aware of a dealer who would sell me a car for list without forcing exhorbitantly priced accessories on me?? http://********************/smile/emsad.gif

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Forced accessories (mdxc90)

Not all of us are scumbags or whatever crossed your mind but you do have to understand that current market conditions do not allow for discounts. Now, if a package costs so much and someone is charging OVER the MSRP, then all you have to do (if you don't like working with that organization) is go somewhere else where you feel more comfortable.

As far as every XC90 being ordered with "everything" in the book, ask for a custom-ordered car. You may have to wait a little bit more; worse case scenario would be for you to rent a car for a month, it will still cost you cheaper (for that period) than owning an XC90.

Yannis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Forced accessories (GrecianVolvo)

With regard to your comment " custom - ordered" can a 2.5 FWD XC90 be custom ordered w/ the wood steering wheel(T6) and a "sand/lt beige" interior offered on the v70 wagons?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Forced accessories (pshire)

quote:

With regard to your comment " custom - ordered" can a 2.5 FWD XC90 be custom ordered w/ the wood steering wheel(T6) and a "sand/lt beige" interior offered on the v70 wagons?
In order to have the steering wheel w/ inlays on a non T6 XC90, you will have to go through the Euro delivery program. That's te only way unles you purchase it from your Retailer, separately. Beige/Lt. Sand is not offered and cannot be "custom ordered" in the XC90s.

Yannis

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: Forced accessories (GrecianVolvo)

Wow, I'd call around to other dealers. Getting a car right away, I'd guess you'll pay a premium, but if you can wait a couple of months, I'd DEFINITELY talk to a dealer who isn't putting them all together like that.

BTW, As far as I know, those accessories are shipped to the dealer and installed there. So, the XC90s arriving off the truck shouldn't have them on it. However, like Yannis said, if you need one right away... I guess you take what you can get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.