SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just trying to find out if my fuel consumption is on average with everyone else? Maybe I have high expectation for diesel engine, but I only got only around 460KM before my next refill. (68L a full tank). That's only 6.7KM/L...not really good (way below the claimed specs). Basically my wife only used the car to work (which is city area), and weekend with the family...and I dont think my wife is an aggressive driver.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
well, for a full tank i use to get 550 - 580 kms, all city driving. Things to check and get better results are your plugs, fuel filter, air filter and tire pressure(i use 36 psi on my 17" wheels).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this is a brand new car, only 4 months old...and as for tire pressure its on 38 psi with 19" wheels. I dont think these are the cause of the unexpected low milleage??? Hmmm, I am surprise such a big difference???? Maybe I should ask my wife if she set the computer trip correctly???

·
Registered
143 Posts
My fuel light turns on after about 550-ish km, and i usually measure the comsumption to be a little more than 10 km/liter. 2003 D5 AWD, remapped to ~195bhp.

Edit: Auto, of course.

·
Registered
262 Posts
well, for a full tank i use to get 550 - 580 kms, all city driving. Things to check and get better results are your plugs, fuel filter, air filter and tire pressure(i use 36 psi on my 17" wheels).
For those of us in the US, that's about 19.5 mpg. Wow, that's much poorer than I expected. That's about what we get in the 3.2 V6. I would have thought that the D5 would be closer to our old R-320 CDI which got around 24mpg around town.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was curious about the diesel fuel mileage but that sucks.
Most of the time I average + or - 11L/100km in 80% hwy driving with my V8 ! Which is just over 21mpg (US gallon)
I'm not going to bother figuring out km/L or mpg (UK)... seeing as the computer shows L/100km or mpg here.
Towing a 2000lb trailer brings it up to 13-15L depending how hilly it is.
Can anyone say what they get towing with the diesel ? (for if we ever get the diesel on this side of the pond)
This also equates to 400-600km per tank, but I think its an 80L in the V8 ?? Usually takes 70L when the light comes on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im in melbourne, I am also in the same boat, I get about 550 city and highway mixed and I drive it, not my wife. I have about 2200 Kms on the clock. Only hoping it will improve.
Mine is also Early Jan registered, so about the same age as your car!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Check the PLUGS?? on a DIESEL??

Glow plugs?, but they are only for starting...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm, this is weird?? are you guys running with AC off or on?? We ran it with AC on all the time, and everyday on weekdays at least 1/2 hours stuck on traffic. Anyway, I will report again my total distance travel when the fuel pump is on. At this stage I think 450-460km is the range (disappointing). As for part/plugs/etc....come on this car is brand new only has less than 5000Km on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im in melbourne, I am also in the same boat, I get about 550 city and highway mixed and I drive it, not my wife. I have about 2200 Kms on the clock. Only hoping it will improve.
Mine is also Early Jan registered, so about the same age as your car!

Man you should be happy at least yours the same range as normal?? Mine as at least 100Km below normal??? worst thing this is brand new, should I send it for service to check as to why???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts