SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i recently removed my seats to clean out my car properly, as some of you may know it triggered my air bag warning light. It was annoying at first seeing a light on my dash and i was about to take it to the dealer to have the code cleared but on day while on gravel i decided to give her a little gas and she started to slide, i was expecting the traction control to kick in but it never did!! I stopped and dumped my clutch at about 4k and it lit up all four like a little moose devil! I dont know if this has messed with anything else but has obviously killed my traction control. Most of you are probably wondering why i dont just turn that feature off, but it seems that even though my car has came with almost every option it doesnt have a toggle switch for the traction control. Does anybody know if thus is messing with anything else on the computer? My car still handles/feels the same but doesnt have traction control! If nothing else is glitched on the computer besides the traction control im going to cover the lights with black tape that way they arent on my dash. Im covering because if you pull them out they will set off an extremely annoying alarm. Any info is appreciated! Hope this helps some of you out if you dont have a toggle switch!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive also tried the ebrake trick to kill the traction control but it just turns my car into a wheel hopping monster, this is definitely evenly distributed power!

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Manual AWD trans cars don't come with the DTSC button (I'm pretty sure)... mine doesn't. I assume 'traction control' is haldex

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yea, from what I understand Haldex is the DSTC on some of the MT cars..... like mine. Yes, I too can four wheel drift.

Back to the OP. The airbags should still deploy even if a code is set. From what I understand the system will still function with the code set. That is what I have been told on the S60 forum anyway. But FYI this is internet hearsay.

·
Registered
989 Posts
My manual AwD doesn't have one either :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
I four wheel drift in the snow, but I never attempt it on pavement lol

--and dirt too--forgot some recent antics in a dirt parking lot lol :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Wet, cold pavement during autox... yea pretty easy. Bald tires help too ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
My 2007 AWD has brake assist traction control to slow down the spinning wheel if you are cornering hard. (Light comes on if it does this) In a straight line with all wheels spinning it just thinks you are going fast not spinning your tires, so there is no traction control.

Pulling the parking brake puts you into front wheel drive mode so you can manage the handbrake turn by keeping power on the front wheels.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I'm not gonna lie I've been ripping the e-brake on mine too lately, God I hope I can build a RWD turbo v6 swap one day with this car that's the dream right there.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'm not gonna lie I've been ripping the e-brake on mine too lately, God I hope I can build a RWD turbo v6 swap one day with this car that's the dream right there.

Well search V8 focus. If they can make a sleeper V8 focus wagon then it should fit in this chassis too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The ebrake trick is basically pulling your ebrake to the first click till the light turns on but the brake isnt engaged. it makes the traction control less active but the front wheels on my car jumed when i did this.
With the four wheels spinning and the car thinking its going fast is weird, with my 05 mt the tc light would kick on instantly if i did a clutch drop on any surface. It would slightly drift but for split second. now its just responsive and does what i want. Drifting ive only done on dirt, snow and cold wet pavement.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Well search V8 focus. If they can make a sleeper V8 focus wagon then it should fit in this chassis too.
Just takes time and money lol that would be pretty sick tho.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'd love to see someone get into the Haldex system and tune it for more rear bias. Although, with even the stock settings, the car handles like a snow mobile in the snow--very predictable, balanced, and driftable.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Even with the Dstc turned off the system will activate once it detects your past a certain angle / yaw thing...

The yellow light will start to flash.

It's not that great when having fun on loose gravel roads as it can / will kill momentum at inappropriate times...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Even with the Dstc turned off the system will activate once it detects your past a certain angle / yaw thing...

The yellow light will start to flash.

It's not that great when having fun on loose gravel roads as it can / will kill momentum at inappropriate times...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
You poor bastards with DSTC. I am feeling very lucky to be one of the few without it. This car is a lot more fun off road than on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts