SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the PN from another thread and ordered from Rock Auto. They are DEFINITELY a lot beefier. However, the studs coming off both sides are the same diameter...so they don’t fit thru the hole in the sway bar. What gives? Did you all have to drill a bigger hole in your sway bar? (That doesn’t seem like a good idea) Did I get the wrong part??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
whoa.
I went with the Lemforder kit. That's noticeably larger!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I think you ordered the wrong part. I have these on the front on my S60 and they bolt right up.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Installed new Moog front end links a couple of weekends ago. No issues. The upper and lower bolts are different sizes.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They fit my IPD swaybars without issues. Others have also used them and haven't commented on issue with stock bars.

What PN?

I'm assuming K7342?
Yeah, they’re the K7342s. Just double-checked my order confirmation and the boxes. Definitely have the same side studs on both ends. Scottish recommended drilling out the sway bars so I can mount them up. Should I get a stepper but to do this? Or try it with a twisty bit? I’m thinking of making a trip to Harbor Freight tomorrow...my experiences trying to enlarge a hole with a twisty bit have not been pleasant memories.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Just don't make the holes too big.

My endlinks were K80501 for an 07 V70. Did Volvo change something mid-year?

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
You’re joking, right? They’re notorious for changing things midstream so VIN is the only fair way to order and you STILL may end up getting wrong stuff sometimes.
Just don't make the holes too big.

My endlinks were M80501 for an 07 V70. Did Volvo change something mid-year?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
You’re joking, right? They’re notorious for changing things midstream so VIN is the only fair way to order and you STILL may end up getting wrong stuff sometimes.

Ahh, the K7342s are the Chrysler/Dodge part that's supposed to fit.

So many times I see something listed by chassis number, and when I look at the part, it's not what's on my car, even though the chassis number appears valid.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Will look at this tomorrow, I have the IPD 25mm F & R bar kit and the MOOG end links in the garage now, work has prevented the installation :-(
will post Part #, bolt diameter & fit tomorrow.

Regards

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh, the K7342s are the Chrysler/Dodge part that's supposed to fit.

So many times I see something listed by chassis number, and when I look at the part, it's not what's on my car, even though the chassis number appears valid.
Exactly. I ordered them knowing they were for a different car…but assuming they fit as-is. I'll ream the holes today and report back. If that's all it takes, I'd still think it's worthwhile—they're a TON beefier than the other ones I've used before. Plus they have greasable zerks and all that too. I was just surprised, as I know others have used them before. It's possible that the IPD sway bars have bigger than stock diameter holes.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
The K80501s are 25% larger in diameter versus the OEM. So, 12.5mm. Greaseable zerks, too.

Out of curiosity, how big are the Chrysler/Dodge endlinks?

·
Registered
17,687 Posts
Exactly. I ordered them knowing they were for a different car…but assuming they fit as-is. I'll ream the holes today and report back. If that's all it takes, I'd still think it's worthwhile—they're a TON beefier than the other ones I've used before. Plus they have greasable zerks and all that too. I was just surprised, as I know others have used them before. It's possible that the IPD sway bars have bigger than stock diameter holes.
Might be the XC bar having smaller holes?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, I bought a step bit and struggled with that in my hammer drill (on lower speed hammer off) on the garage floor for about 5 minutes and made minimal progress. Harbor Freight crap? Or wrong tool for the job? Who knows. Threw a 1/2” Dewalt but in the cordless and was through in under a minute. All bolted up less than 5 later.

So, if you have an XC and get the K7342s, you may need to ream the hole in your sway bar. I don’t have calipers, but they look just shy of 14mm when I lay it on a metal ruler. Not super scientific...but anecdotally, they’re hella beefy. Moog Problem Solver problem solved! Case closed...

·
Registered
17,687 Posts
So, I bought a step bit and struggled with that in my hammer drill (on lower speed hammer off) on the garage floor for about 5 minutes and made minimal progress. Harbor Freight crap? Or wrong tool for the job? Who knows. Threw a 1/2” Dewalt but in the cordless and was through in under a minute. All bolted up less than 5 later.

So, if you have an XC and get the K7342s, you may need to ream the hole in your sway bar. I don’t have calipers, but they look just shy of 14mm when I lay it on a metal ruler. Not super scientific...but anecdotally, they’re hella beefy. Moog Problem Solver problem solved! Case closed...

Harbor freight garbage most likely. Sway bars are spring steel

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is what I have, Moog K7342 front links, threaded diameter is 12 mm , the Ipd bar measures 11.8 to 12 ,12 may be powder coat difference on fit link stud does not slide freely in. BUT I think it will be fine with maybe a round file to clear powder coat!

Rear MOOG K80425 is again 12 mm thread BUT mounting hole in Bar is 13,6, to me I would rather have the tight issue on the front and not have 1.5mm+ clearance on the thread to diameter fit on a component that is to be constantly moving from tension to compression and the nut holding it.
I will most likely cut some SS shim material to close up the slop in the hole to stud mounting this mkes me wonder if the bar was to be a US 1/2" bolt designed to fit? amy one have a end link with 1/2" stud??

regards

1 - 16 of 16 Posts