SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ran into an issue with my car and need to buy new wheels. I'm in the process of working with a few sellers on picking up a set or two and decided to grab one good set to run immediately and one set that needs help to refurbish myself as a side project.

That being said, my car is Ti Grey on Nordkap. I am trying to visualize what colors would look best and have seen a few options out there that people have done so far, but would like more. Wheel choice doesn't matter as I'm hoping to pick up a set of 2 piece wheels as well as a beat set of Pegs, so between the two they cover a lot of the styles out there. I'm curious what colors you all have done and would love to see some pictures. The one I've really liked so far was (I forget his username) the guy from Minneapolis with the '07 Ti Grey SR with Sport Kit and bronze pegs. I'm actually using his car as my work computer wallpaper ATM ;)

What else have you all done? Lets see pics!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I had gold pegs, black pegs, and now a set of black enkeis. Go check out my ig to see lots of pics.
@adsinott_R

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
MNTURBO R that's him :)

Ti-Grey with Hyper Silver took some time for me to warm up to but now it's okay-almost good looking for me

Ti-grey with black is overdone and I'm not a big fan of black wheels anymore. Just hides the wheel design too much and not great in pictures.

Gunmetal grey matches Ti-grey the best or if you want to stand out then bronze is definitely a great color :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's exactly it. I do like gloss black wheels because they pop more and look cleaner than matte, but I only like them on a dark car. On grey it's just over played. At the same time, the color matched grey doesn't do it for me either. It needs more contrast. That's why I've been heavily considering bronze, but I feel like there are other better colors out there that I just can't think of at the moment.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I have Ti grey and I think it is the most difficult car to choose a wheel color for. Electric silver, passion red, sonic blue, all look good with black because of the contrast. And of course, black on black always looks good. IMO, Ti grey with black is not enough of a color contrast and everytime I see it in pictures my opinion is always the same - "meh, that looks okay".

If I had to choose, I really like the bronze and "nordkap blue" that MNturbo did on his car. My favorite would be the nordkap blue because it matches our interior and I like how it looks different on the car without being too bold. How many people have blue metallic wheels?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have pics of these blue wheels?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
That's exactly it. I do like gloss black wheels because they pop more and look cleaner than matte, but I only like them on a dark car. On grey it's just over played. At the same time, the color matched grey doesn't do it for me either. It needs more contrast. That's why I've been heavily considering bronze, but I feel like there are other better colors out there that I just can't think of at the moment.
Did a google search and all I'm coming up with is black and silver. Silver is not bad by any means especially when you have the 05+ color matched trim. Machined face could be possibility if you're looking for something bright. Still can't think of any other color with a better contrast than bronze/gold.

If you're getting two piece wheels then you could go for silver dish/black spokes like Brandon or silver dish/gold or bronze spokes. I personally like one color because multi-colored are too "mad stance yooo" for me but that's just my opinion :p

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have Ti grey and I think it is the most difficult car to choose a wheel color for. Electric silver, passion red, sonic blue, all look good with black because of the contrast. And of course, black on black always looks good. IMO, Ti grey with black is not enough of a color contrast and everytime I see it in pictures my opinion is always the same - "meh, that looks okay".

If I had to choose, I really like the bronze and "nordkap blue" that MNturbo did on his car. My favorite would be the nordkap blue because it matches our interior and I like how it looks different on the car without being too bold. How many people have blue metallic wheels?
Those were EPIC!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I don't have a quick pic but I bet if you search the smartphone shot of the day thread back around winter, you will find them. They were gorgeous.

·
Registered
306 Posts
White?...:confused:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is what I had recently. They are painted silver metallic with some extra metallic flake added. Overall they are gorgeous and silver always works, especially on this car, but I want to try something different. For a 2 piece wheel I may go Nordkap center with polished lips or the same but with bronze, but other options are always good too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Heres mine.. Kinda dirty but you get the idea.
Paint is a dodge color called Dark Titanium Metalic.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Gold baby!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
here are a few pics from my wheel color/dipping journey:

RED

GOLD METALIZER OVER BLACK

VINTAGE GOLD

BLACK

COPPER METALIZER OVER BLACK

BLUE METALIZER OVER BLACK

bronze burst powder coat

jaybirds R with new wheels (Fast Rennen 18" Hyper Silver from EST)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not gunna lie, I've actually been reading through your profile looking at all your car whore posts for the last hour or so hahah. I love that bronze but don't want to steal your swag, I may go with vintage gold though or something dark blue. I don't have a sport kit so I don't think the bronze you're rocking now would ever look as good even though we're at the same ride height. Your car is too damn clean brother.

Is that vintage gold a dip or paint? I'd possibly get the exact stuff you have but I don't want to dip them.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Damn, no matter how many times I see those nordkap wheels, I still wet my pants. I have to try that when I peel my car, they go well with Ti grey.

·
Registered
675 Posts
anthracite looks good IMO ...what I have on my ti grey

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I really want to do this for winter....you know for wheel protection

So vintage gold or the louder copper metallic. Did you do the gold with a black undercoat?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not a fan of Anthracite or anything grey/black because it doesn't clash as I feel it should with the paint. I have something in the works that I guarantee no one has done, pretty much made up my mind.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts