SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to set it up? I have been streaming via the BT connection and my phone but want to copy my music to a flash drive to conserve my phone battery and improve sound quality (though the BT quality is very good!)

Anything special I need to do in order to format the flash drive?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Easiest and cheapest way maybe just but a cheap iPod nano with Bluetooth just for you car and leave it constantly plugged in you know?

I hated having to constantly connect and discount the aux from my phone.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easiest and cheapest way maybe just but a cheap iPod nano with Bluetooth just for you car and leave it constantly plugged in you know?

I hated having to constantly connect and discount the aux from my phone.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"
No, I have a usb port in the C30 so I bought a dedicated music flash drive that I can leave plugged in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Forgive me, I am confused and I do not own a 2013 C30...can your on board computer see the flash drive? As in, plug in the flash drive and scroll through menus and see that it's there? Because USB plugs can be just for powering a USB device, not necessarily reading the device. If your USB is just for power you are going to need to stream files over Bluetooth using some sort of device that plays the files and broadcasts. Thus, and IPOD like device.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgive me, I am confused and I do not own a 2013 C30...can your on board computer see the flash drive? As in, plug in the flash drive and scroll through menus and see that it's there? Because USB plugs can be just for powering a USB device, not necessarily reading the device. If your USB is just for power you are going to need to stream files over Bluetooth using some sort of device that plays the files and broadcasts. Thus, and IPOD like device.
Nope, it reads flash drives!

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
IIRC, you just need to put the MP3 files on the flash drive and you'll be good to go. Not sure if the 2013 can sort through folders for various artists, or if it just shuffles through all the songs on the flash drive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe the usb flash drive may need to be formatted FAT32 as opposed to NTFS... the system should be able to playback mp3, wav, and wav files.

Regards,

Rich

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I have a FAT32 formatted flash drive in my car. works like a charm, never had any problems. as an alternative, my old iPod nano is also lying around somewhere in the car, ready to be plugged in.

but what really interests me... bluetooth audio? my bluetooth connection in the car only seems to support telephone calls. any tips on getting it to work with audio streaming from devices, too?

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a FAT32 formatted flash drive in my car. works like a charm, never had any problems. as an alternative, my old iPod nano is also lying around somewhere in the car, ready to be plugged in.

but what really interests me... bluetooth audio? my bluetooth connection in the car only seems to support telephone calls. any tips on getting it to work with audio streaming from devices, too?
My iPhone paired right up the first time and played my music without anything on my part. Maybe it's because I have a newer car?

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
I have dynaudio... 2008, so Aux in but no USB. Never thought twice about it, but that means I have an MP3 reading CD player.
Just tested it out and it works! Time to burn one giant MP3 CD to keep in the car!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts