SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it normally take after an order is placed to begin receiving updates about the build? When does the VIN become available?

Does the dealer have to relay these updates? Is there a way to see myself? Is the online status I have read about here (once you have your VIN) only for the shipping status?

Just curious on some of your experiences. Thanks in advance!

Shaun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this info. Enjoyed reading through. Most of the comments are from another time window early on in order availability. Also, was curious specifically on time frame from ordering to VIN. Can anyone speak to their recent experience with that?

Seems like there is no build status system, and most tracking (shipping) begins after VIN is known.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
It really depends on what you ordered and where you reside. For T8s and R-Designs, those just hit production in October. Certain models are reportedly being produced for some markets ahead of others. Thus, it is best for you to be more specific.

My experience was that the VIN became available right before the car went on the assembly line. (COL) which was about 30-40 days past the last change date. You must asked your dealer for your current "last change date (LDOC) before you can estimate the build date, port eta, dealer eta, et al.

In terms of tracking, it appears that non-North American markets have access to near-time tracking system from order to delivery. VCNA is reportedly working on such a system for the US but it will not be out until sometime in 2016. Tracking US-bound vehicles is really only possible for the ship-to-shore segment. Everything else, you must consult with your dealer periodically and a request an order activity status for your car. My suggestion is that you must know your last change date and review and verify your order with the dealer about three weeks after it is in the system.

Once you provide specifics on what you ordered and your market, others may be more helpful.

·
Registered
298 Posts
2016 XC90 Inscription T8
Ordered 6/2015
Scheduled for delivery in December 2015

1 - 5 of 5 Posts