SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have created a video, on youtube, that may be a solution to the pesky rattle some of you may have in the rear gate. After taking the vehicle to the dealership for multiple items, including the rattle, I found that their fix was short lived. It only lasted a day, and the only thing I did during that day was drive 15 miles and operate the rear gate several times. After which the rattle started again and was far worse. So that drove me to the think that the rattle was associated with the closing mechanism of the rear gate.

I make no promises this is the definite fix, but it has reduced my rattle significantly. Good luck

Here's a link to the video

https://youtu.be/fkG6IejrwjM

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I haven't had this rattle but in case it ever develops, or of course for others who may have it, Thanks for taking the time to make the video and share it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have noticed a rattle when the tailgate is closing, right before it is fully closed. The noise almost sounds like some debris in the door is moving around. Did you have anything like that?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yup dealer fixed mine and said one of the main causes was the latch. My door assembly was also not put together tight and he said you could see daylight from the inside of the car at certain angles with the inside cover taken off. Dealer fixed mine 100% as that was a month ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Watched the video, interesting approach hope it solves the rattle. BTW, I was surprised and a bit disappointed that you disabled 'comments' on the video. I was thinking about posting the website address for Swedespeed. That way if people have more questions about Volvo vehicles they'd know of a good place to go for answers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can add the Swedespeed website URL in the video comments. No problem. No rattle. This fixed my problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts