SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

With great regret I am announcing the sale of our 850R. This car has graced our household for two years and 30K miles, though my wife and I have decided to move on and devote more time and resources to our recently purchased house.

The project series itself is not done, as we have yet to cover the install of several other modifications that are listed below. You'll be seeing those over the next month go live on this site.

If a local buyer comes along who is willing and ready, I am open to continuing the project series in coverage on Swedespeed. That will have to be discussed though.

The car itself is a 1997 Volvo 850 R sedan. It has 55K miles on it. I am the second owner and have owned it since 27K miles.

It has been regularly serviced at either the dealer or a Volvo/Saab specialty independent garage.

For those who don't know what an R is, this is the top of the line performance model for Volvo. This is the last year for the 850R and the last year an R sedan was sold in the USA. It has 240hp from the factory (ours has been upgraded), which is more than the 220 offered in the 850 T-5. The car also came from the factory with a lower sport suspension, 17-inch Volan alloy wheels, alcantara/suede interior, larger chin spoiler, larger rear wing and unique wood trim finish inside the car. Our car's interior is gray, and has the darker finish.

In addition the car has a power sunroof, heated seats, trip computer, in dash CD player and tape player, power front seats, dual zone automatic climate control.

This car has had several upgrades performed to it.

Motor: IPD/TME Upgrade ECU, IPD Sport Exhaust (result about 290hp)

Transmission: Synthetic Transmission Fluid to help deal with the added power

Wheels & Tires: This car's Volans have been restored and resprayed in a bright silver unlike the dark anthracite that came from the factory. Some cars came like this in Europe and we liked the look more. The tires are Yokohoma Paradas in stock sizing.

Winter Wheels & Tires - We have a set of steel wheels with snow tires and hubcaps. They are 15".

Brakes - PBR pads (more aggressive compound) and Powerslot slotted rotors. These are stock size so the winter wheels will fit, but they will cool more efficiently and are less likely to warp. They've been installed in the last 2K miles.

Exterior - European sidemarkers - these are the factory tinted clear sidemarkers that have been wired in as turnsignals.

The car has been adult owned and adult driven throughout my ownership. It has been garage kept as well.

I am asking $18,500 or best offer on the car. From a dealer, this car in stock form would be $20K, so the price is fair and I am not in much of a hurry to sell the car, so while I am saying "or best offer" I am also relatively firm on my asking price.

If you are interested, shoot me an email at:

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 11-27-2001).]

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Does this mean that I will have more RWD volvos show up on my driveway next time when we get together?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite possibly yes. The 245 is the current replacement for the R, and it'll probably stay on as the dog's car for some time. It's nice to not have to clean hair out of my Golf, and the dog NEVER gets a ride in the R.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have updated the price on this and dropped it to $18,500. As much as I love the car, I greatly need to sell it before the end of the year as I am getting pressure from my wife about our now having 3 cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts