SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 2009 Volvo v70 for sale, wish I didn't have to let it go, but its time. really looking for somebody that will put the car to use, whether they restore it or use if for parts.

i will accept offers, but don't completely lowball me. the car is located in Annapolis Maryland, would like to meet in Annapolis but I could probably drive an hour out. will only meet in a public place.

some info on the car:
make: volvo
model: V70
trim: 3.2 (base)
transmission: 6spd geartronic automatic
engine: b6324s
VIN:YV1BW982991076349
exterior color: titanium gray pearl (rare on p3s, from what i know)
interior color and material: offblack, t-tec seats, cream headliner
mileage: 200376 (may go up, its my daily)
condition: rough.

for transparency, car has been rear ended twice. neither totaled the car, so it has a clean title. damage was only on rear bumper and bumper support, and was repaired and paint matched professionally.
the car has a dent on the front right fender from backing out of a parking garage and clipping a concrete pole. this has not been repaired. damage is pictured

has almost all maintenance records

car has absolutely zero modifications.

pros:
-engine and trans are very strong
-tires are less than a year old
-rare paint color ( i think? )
-the original owner is my grandfather, so i know it was bell taken care of
-miles are mostly highway miles
- bulletproof inline 6 with plenty of power
-no sunroof, so no issue that come with that
-comes with snowchains
-does not burn much oil unlike most higher mileage 3.2s
-have all original documents
-2 keys
-comes with original all weather mats

cons:
- passenger side rear window is off tracks, you can still get it up and down but it needs to be fixed
-all drivers side door electronics do NOT work, front and rear. needs wiring harness for around $150. common problem on p3s.
-curb rash on most wheels.
-ac doesnt blow cold
-rumbling from front right suspension on deceleration. if you come check out the car we can test drive and see what i mean, im guessing it needs a cv boot or axle.
-body in rough shape, dent in front right fender, small dings and paint blemishes throughout the car, scuffs and scrapes on front bumper and along the right side of the car.
-t-tec seats are cracking in front, very common problem
-hatch only sometimes stays open, needs hatch struts
-high mileage, shouldnt be too much of a concern tho

contact me through snapchat or number, or reply to this listing:
snap: jp.logan
phone: seven03-34four-one61seven

pictures below, contact me if you want more and/or more information on the car.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
SLICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GLWTS!

·
Registered
17,416 Posts
You should just have carmax give you a price. A 3.2 with that many miles and needing a number of things addressed isn't going to get a lot of attention quite yet. It's just not rare enough or a T6. No offense, because wagons are great, just trying to be honest. You have identified things that wouldn't take too much effort to rectify, so if carmax doesn't give you a decent number I'd say get things fixed that are safety and comfort (rumble, a/c, window, door harness) and enjoy the lack of a car payment. One day you'll thank me. Look around hard when you're dailying this and you'll notice there are almost ZERO wagons out and about. A set of upgraded 5x108 wheels with new tires will make this look pretty snazzy and can be had for a song on CL or FB.

Once those things are addressed, find a good indy and address other things that it probably needs, like a suspension refresh, fluid drain and refill, brakes, etc. They just don't make cars like this anymore and when it's gone it's gone.

For quick comparison, one with half the miles nearby (and super clean) is 6K.

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
^ This is good advice though I'd not waste your time on carmax with this car - they won't be interested. If you wanted to just get rid of it ask your local Volvo dealer who they wholesale trade-ins to that they don't want to retail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should just have carmax give you a price. A 3.2 with that many miles and needing a number of things addressed isn't going to get a lot of attention quite yet. It's just not rare enough or a T6. No offense, because wagons are great, just trying to be honest. You have identified things that wouldn't take too much effort to rectify, so if carmax doesn't give you a decent number I'd say get things fixed that are safety and comfort (rumble, a/c, window, door harness) and enjoy the lack of a car payment. One day you'll thank me. Look around hard when you're dailying this and you'll notice there are almost ZERO wagons out and about. A set of upgraded 5x108 wheels with new tires will make this look pretty snazzy and can be had for a song on CL or FB.

Once those things are addressed, find a good indy and address other things that it probably needs, like a suspension refresh, fluid drain and refill, brakes, etc. They just don't make cars like this anymore and when it's gone it's gone.

For quick comparison, one with half the miles nearby (and super clean) is 6K.
ill definitely try lowering the price, but i have some time restraints and I'm also unable to buy things like wheels or harnesses or axles for it right now... i dont have any money to play around with, especially if i wont really make it back. ill look into what carmax will give me but if i have any chance of selling it to someone who is really going to use and enjoy the car like my family has for the past 12 years, ill take it. id love to see the car be enjoyed tbh

i looked at the kbb value for my car (around $4500) and tried to adjust accordingly for all the other problems, thats why i chose the price i did

but i will for sure take this into consideration for selling this car. i really appreciate the help thank you

·
Registered
2005 XC90 2.5T AWD, 219k miles
132 Posts
My understanding is that they wholesale anything 10 years and older or with 130k miles. So you’ll get lowballed, hard. Better to go straight to the wholesaler.

This is no comment on what to do with your car sale, just an FYI.

Good luck!

·
Registered
993 Posts
You sure that’s not Savile Gray?…maybe it’s just the lighting of the photos, but it looks too dark.

·
Registered
993 Posts
yeah... this is gonna be a tough sell lol
Maybe someone looking for a project can swap a V80 and all the tech goodies from a S80 into this.

Reactions: sh!tboxv70

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
SLICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GLWTS!
I really hope this one sells before that other beautiful ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Would be a fun car for a salvage T6 AWD swap. I love the 'real' V70. Hope this car at least makes it to a nice home, where it can continue being used for many more miles.

Reactions: sh!tboxv70

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would be a fun car for a salvage T6 AWD swap. I love the 'real' V70. Hope this car at least makes it to a nice home, where it can continue being used for many more miles.
basically the demographic im selling it to, id love to see it used. my plan if i was keeping the car was to drive it with the 3.2 until it blows and then t6 swap it

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Put it on OfferUp and the like. They eat cars like this for breakfast there, I'm almost certain someone will want it. It would make a great hauler to take dogs to the park, rugrats to school or old people to adult daycare. Then stop by Home Depot, fold down the seats and onload about a dozen bags of mulch.

Plus, I'll give you $5.99 for the rights to your username. That is great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Put it on OfferUp and the like. They eat cars like this for breakfast there, I'm almost certain someone will want it. It would make a great hauler to take dogs to the park, rugrats to school or old people to adult daycare. Then stop by Home Depot, fold down the seats and onload about a dozen bags of mulch.

Plus, I'll give you $5.99 for the rights to your username. That is great.
was planning on changing it anyways since next month im getting a c30 LMAO its all urs. i didnt even think of offerup ill def post it there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts