SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
George,

Most of the Volvo dealers do not seem to want to give information on S/B's. I challenged my dealer on the 99+ crank case ventalation service bulliten but they said they did not know about it. I have it printed on my desk here at work. I just like to go to them armed.. Ya know?

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: (DVolvoguy777)

I am spoiled by my forty-year-long friendship with the senior tech at my local Volvo dealer in Temple, Texas.

Danny Clark allows me full and free access to his shop including any tools and pubs I may need for repair/maintenance of any model Volvo since 1958. His paper library includes the "Green Books" for the early models, and microfiche for 120/140/160/200/700/900, etc.

Get to know the techs at your Volvo dealer and skip the service suits out front.

George Dill

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: (DVolvoguy777)

Arrange a lunch with the tech on his/her schedule.

This will be an excellent investment with many future returns.

Also, if your Volvo dealer(s) do not participate in the VCOA Discount Program

http://www.vcoa.org/theclub/discounts.php

consider paying for their initial VCOA membership if they will allow discounts on labor and/or parts.

A new radiator+ in my '96 965 was $740 but would have been $855 without discount.

George Dill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.