1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Wonder how it will react when drivers are screwing around with their cell phones?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Or wearing sunglasses

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
I wonder how it will aid the Chinese government.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
What happens when one puts a piece of electrical tape over the camera lens?

·
Registered
686 Posts
will sensus call 911 when it has safely parked the drunken sots so the police will know where to find them?

·
Registered
658 Posts
"Good morning, driver. I see you forgot to shave again today. If you can't bother to look your best while driving a Volvo, you really shouldn't be here. Your request to start the engine has been delayed for ten minutes so you can go back in the house and complete your grooming."

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
What happens when one puts a piece of electrical tape over the camera lens?
Driver not detected, maybe car will park on road side and call 911. :)

Kidding aside, Volvo is usually non-intrusive in safety measures. I'd believe people will not notice any difference if they don't drive while sleepy.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I posted this about the in car cameras on the XC90 board on the “Volvo to limit top speed” thread. Both Cadillac (CT6 w/SuperCruise) and Tesla (Model 3) have in car cameras to monitor driver alertness. It’s a step toward autonomous driving.

Interesting about the sunglasses, how’s that going to work?

·
Registered
664 Posts
will sensus call 911 when it has safely parked the drunken sots so the police will know where to find them?
Apparently, yes. From what I’ve read, Volvo On Call will try to contact the driver, if they can’t, they will contact EMT’s/police.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
"Good morning, driver. I see you forgot to shave again today. If you can't bother to look your best while driving a Volvo, you really shouldn't be here. Your request to start the engine has been delayed for ten minutes so you can go back in the house and complete your grooming."

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
You're dating yourself, you know...1968

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah, Cadillac uses an infrared camera apparently.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts