SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Home safe lighting stopped working tonight.

Any idea why?
I cant activate them anymore. When I move the lever my highbeams flash but the xenons and fog lights wont light up

I have checked all fuses.
When the key is in position II all the lights work as they should.

Please, anyone?

Modified by V50AWD at 11:44 PM 3-14-2006

Modified by V50AWD at 11:52 PM 3-14-2006

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm guessing you mean the home safe lighting right? As the manual states, you can choose to have the home safe lighting on for 30, 60, or 90 secs...

As for your problem of the lights not going on...I dunno what's going on...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Pez)

Quote, originally posted by Pez »
I'm guessing you mean the home safe lighting right? As the manual states, you can choose to have the home safe lighting on for 30, 60, or 90 secs...

As for your problem of the lights not going on...I dunno what's going on...

Yes that is what I mean. I did not know what the function was called in english so I borrowed from what the display says in Land Rovers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
just a matter of interest, what have you set your light wheel to...?
is it on 0 (daylight running mode so to speak or off), or is it on 1?
tried different settings?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: (Akash)

Quote, originally posted by Akash »
just a matter of interest, what have you set your light wheel to...?
is it on 0 (daylight running mode so to speak or off), or is it on 1?
tried different settings?

That's what I was going to suggest too, that maybe the home safe light won't turn on if your lights are set to "park". Like Akash says, just a matter of interest.

I use the home safe light all the time when I park downtown at night. Funniest thing is that some guy always thinks that my car is getting "ready to leave the spot" with all the lights turned on, and they'll wait there for the 60 secs or so until they realize that there's no one in the car haha.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

My lightswitch is in the right position.
I'm heading out to talk to my dealer this morning and se what he says.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Pez I'm the total opposite to you... I always get people coming up to me to let me know my lights are still on... when we both turn around, they are off. leaves them very confused

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: (V50AWD)

Quote, originally posted by V50AWD »
I'm heading out to talk to my dealer this morning and se what he says.

Keep us posted!

...when we both turn around, they are off. leaves them very confused

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

They want to take the car in to take a look at it. They have never heard of this problem before. Its probably electric and they said that they'll run a diagnostics along with my 20 000km service that is coming up next month.

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Re: (vlv4life)

Those are the approach lights. He's talking about homesafe, which is triggered by pulling the stalk when exiting the car.

Tom.

·
Registered
323 Posts
on that topic, is there a way to set the yellow button on the remote to do what the stalk does?
at the moment , the yellow button turns on only the side and back lights. it would be great to turn the main headlights, fogs and back lights as the stalk does

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: (Akash)

it would be great to turn the main headlights, fogs and back lights as the stalk does

When I first played around with the approach and homesafe lighting, I thought the same as you Akash. Then I started reasoning why Volvo choose to do them differently (whereas this Pontiac G6 that I rented one weekend had approach lighting that were even stronger than our homesafe lighting...think they used high beams for that too).

If you think about the reason of using the approach lighting, when you want to make sure there's no one around your car to rob you, it actually makes sense that the approach lighting is dimmer. Since you're walking towards your car, if the light is too bright it'll momentarily blind you, making you more vulnerable. What Volvo offers is just the right amount of light to see if there is anybody hiding around your car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Re: (tmtalpey)

Quote, originally posted by tmtalpey »
Those are the approach lights. He's talking about homesafe, which is triggered by pulling the stalk when exiting the car.

Tom.

If you pull your stalk do your lights come on??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts