SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I lock the car (MY2012 XC70 T6) my mirrors fold as I have Sensus configured to do this. When I unlock the car the mirrors unfold. If my wife gets to the car first and with her key in her bag unlocks the car the mirrors do NOT unfold.

Why is this ?

Most annoying as I have to lock/unlock with my key to unfold the mirrors. The number of times I've not noticed this and got in the car and started driving only to find the mirrors aren't unfolded. I have to wind down the window and manually unfold my mirror and ask 1st mate to do the same on the other side. PITA.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can fold/unfold the mirrors by pressing both left & right mirror buttons simultaneously - no need to open the windows.

Re the initial issue, if the passenger side door is opened first, I've noticed the mirrors don't unfold.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've noticed that on a few occasions (maybe 3-4 times total) the mirrors haven't folded when I lock the door using the handle button (PCC/keyless) ....as it's configured to do so. I merely unlock and relock and it works again.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You can fold/unfold the mirrors by pressing both left & right mirror buttons simultaneously - no need to open the windows.

Re the initial issue, if the passenger side door is opened first, I've noticed the mirrors don't unfold.
Hey thanks... I'll try that "pressing both left & right mirror buttons simultaneously" trick next time 1st mate makes it to the car first....

[Edit] I tried this 'trick' and it certainly works as you described. Unfortunately my grandson was observing me so I'll have to watch out for him in future...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Many driver "options" follow the key used..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts