SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 Volvo S60 T5 AWD and love that it can read USB flash drives so I can put a lot of my iTunes music library on one and have it in the car. I purchased a 128 GB USB flash drive and formatted it in the FAT32. I then copied folders of artists to it. Inside those folders are album folders and then in the album folders are the MP3 files.

However, in the car the folders are in a complete random order. The MP3 files seem to be in alpha/numeric order but the artist folders are in a random order. How can I get them to show up in alpha/numeric order like they are when I plug the drive into my computer? I should mention that I have an Apple computer.

One workaround that I have found is if I navigate to the artists folders and see then in random order, if I type a letter on the key pad to do a search, it will then bring me to that letter folder and then all the folders will be in alpha order. Kind of a pain though while driving. Would be nice if they were just in alpha order.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm going to play around with a usb drive soon. I don't want to put music on my iphone because of space, all the music I want will take up too much room.

I'll report back after I experiment.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I made some folders and put files in them, both mp3 and m4a (apple's format). they played fine, but I don't remember how the folders were arranged, sorry, will report back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.