SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I originally got my car i tried to fold my front passenger seat flat to move some things (like the older P2 Volvo wagons), but there were no latches. Recently I was lost something under the driver's seat and when I was looking for it I noticed there were latches on the driver's seat to fold it forward. This makes no sense. Why would anyone fold flat the driver's side? Has anyone noticed this also? Was my car assembled wrong? Is it under warranty and can it be switched?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
When I originally got my car i tried to fold my front passenger seat flat to move some things (like the older P2 Volvo wagons), but there were no latches. Recently I was lost something under the driver's seat and when I was looking for it I noticed there were latches on the driver's seat to fold it forward. This makes no sense. Why would anyone fold flat the driver's side? Has anyone noticed this also? Was my car assembled wrong? Is it under warranty and can it be switched?
Volvo did away with the Passenger Folding Flat seat switches in 2014MY when they switched to the newer front Sport Seats. If you had a 2012-2013MY S60RD you would have had the front passenger folding seat. Don't worry your car wasn't assembled wrong.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Volvo did away with the Passenger Folding Flat seat switches in 2014MY when they switched to the newer front Sport Seats. If you had a 2012-2013MY S60RD you would have had the front passenger folding seat. Don't worry your car wasn't assembled wrong.
I don't think this is 100% correct. Both the 2015.5 and 2016 MY V60s without sport seats can be had with optional folding front passenger seats. It was a $100 option in 2015.5. http://personalizeyourvolvo.com/PDF...T5 FWD Drive-E Retail Prices and Packages.pdf
There are people on this board with V60s in the USA with folding front passenger seats.

I don't know if the seats are the same on the driver side and passenger side and can accept the electronic controls on the right or left. It would make sense that would be the case. If so, it is definitely possible they installed a passenger folding seat onto your driver side, possibly by mistake or possibly for some other reason. Are you the original owner? Did you order the folding front passenger seat?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I don't think this is 100% correct. Both the 2015.5 and 2016 MY V60s without sport seats can be had with optional folding front passenger seats. It was a $100 option in 2015.5. http://personalizeyourvolvo.com/PDF...T5 FWD Drive-E Retail Prices and Packages.pdf
There are people on this board with V60s in the USA with folding front passenger seats.
I was only referring to the Sport Seats not the non-Sport Seats which yes did have the function still.

Here's a thread from a few years ago mentioning the Sport Seats losing the function:
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?357577-V60-flat-folding-passenger-seat-a-myth

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I don't know if the seats are the same on the driver side and passenger side and can accept the electronic controls on the right or left. It would make sense that would be the case. If so, it is definitely possible they installed a passenger folding seat onto your driver side, possibly by mistake or possibly for some other reason. Are you the original owner? Did you order the folding front passenger seat?
I am the original owner. It really doesn't make sense. Should I bring it to the dealer and see? I was hoping someone else had the same issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I brought car to dealership- they ran my VIN and told me that my car was not ordered with quick fold front passenger seat. This still doesn’t explain why the latches are on the drivers seat and whether it would be simple to switch seat tracks from driver to passenger side. Anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts