SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked my dealer to load the software that let's you keep your fogs on with the high beams (so I could fill that gap left with the highs aimed all the way up), but they won't do it citing U.S. regs.

Has anyone here modified the wiring to achieve this?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Asked my dealer to load the software that let's you keep your fogs on with the high beams (so I could fill that gap left with the highs aimed all the way up), but they won't do it citing U.S. regs.

Has anyone here modified the wiring to achieve this?
Firstly: The dealer is acting correctly.

Now, as for the wiring: fog lamp wiring is very simple. 12v, relay, lamps. The relay is controlled by the CEM.
You can always cut wires and fit other relays and control any lamp you want that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
818 Posts
The CFE+ allows you to do this by checking a box in the software.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m considering the CFE or getting a three day VIDA subscription and uploading the software myself.

Are there any other recommended software uploads that anyone knows of that I should get while I have the subscription?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Yup. I have this enabled on my VR with the CFE+

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Firstly: The dealer is acting correctly.

Now, as for the wiring: fog lamp wiring is very simple. 12v, relay, lamps. The relay is controlled by the CEM.
You can always cut wires and fit other relays and control any lamp you want that way.

I always thought the regs were concerned with the number of forward facing lights. So on a R, even with highs and fogs on, the number is still 4. Plus I think my state allows up to 6 with no oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I always thought the regs were concerned with the number of forward facing lights. So on a R, even with highs and fogs on, the number is still 4. Plus I think my state allows up to 6 with no oncoming traffic.

The applicable regulations depend on the country you live in, and potentially also the state (or whatever your local country equivalent is called)

Some parts of the world are strict, some less so.
Some places enforce the rules, some turn a blind eye....

·
Registered
917 Posts
+1 to cfe+, I ran that for a long time. Planning to make the change permanent with V-Dash here soon

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1 to cfe+, I ran that for a long time. Planning to make the change permanent with V-Dash here soon

Ooo. How much is that? I understand vdash is free, but the individual mods are separately priced?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Ooo. How much is that? I understand vdash is free, but the individual mods are separately priced?

Most cem changes are cheapish, but you need to get the CEM pin first

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most cem changes are cheapish, but you need to get the CEM pin first

Ah. Is there an easy way to do that? Last I had looked I would have to mail my ECU to the Czech Republic.

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Find a different dealer and ask them to install the foglight application. There is no US/other market P/N anymore, so you don't have to divulge what you are trying to do.

Fog Light Application 9438237

1 - 13 of 13 Posts