SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is it possible to install fog lights on a 08' s40 2.4i? I really like the look of fogs and want to know if its possible and if it is can you guys give any pointers?

·
Registered
85 Posts
All you need to know is at the site Volvo accessories. But anyway, you need two fogs and one switch by the lightswich inside the car and the plastic around the fog lights, after this you need to go to Volvo to program them in your car, cost about 80€

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
There are several threads about this. What Micce1980 said is right. Get the accessory kit then a software installation and you're good. Software requires dealer.

·
Registered
966 Posts
they're plug and play (wiring harness is already installed behind the grilles). I got mine from a junkyard for cheap. Be sure to get the correct design for your year. The software program will cost you ~$100 unless you haggle the service guys. Any place with a legit copy of VIDA/DICE can install the software.

EDIT: you also need one of the light switches for the interior. While you could do just a hidden switch and save some money, it's much cleaner to have it installed correctly

·
Registered
3 Posts
What type of Pictures are you looking for?

I mounted theese last week on my V50 2006, rally simple. Just followed the instructions on volvo accessories
Since i live in Sweden i followed the swedish version :) http://accessories.volvocars.com/sv...nt/VCC-150739-1/2006/all/all/default/V50 2006

Awesome! Thanks for the quick responses guys. So excuse my ignorance, but this swap is possible even on cars that did not come standard with fog lights? And where would I order the parts necessary for the conversion? Can any Volvo place do the programming or only dealers? Sorry for all the questions! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts