SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a repost but I couldn't find anything on this. I havehave a 97 850GLT and I got factory fog lights today along with the relay and switch. I tried turning the fog lights on when I got everything hooked up. I have the correct relay, the correct amperage fuse and the harness hooked up to the lights and the switch but for some reason they still won't come on. The bulb malfunction indicator is not coming on either even when I put in a bad H3 bulb to see if that made something indicate they should be working, what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Bulb fault indicatort isnt affected by the fog lights, only by high/low beams, brake lights and parking lights. indicators should for later than 93models be a quicker flash and tick from the relay, if a buld is defective.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i changed the bulbs to new ones, put in a different switch and they still aren't working. I finding it highly improbable that both the switches I have tried are bad but the light indicating it is switched on does not show up. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried both relays I had, one was good one was bad, wth is going on?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the headlights were on. I finally figured it out last night though. I had a bad fog light relay under the dash and a bad switch so I just went to the junkyard and got them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I will take a picture when I get out of class. You might as well go ahead and do the euro style fog light mod while you are at it, I will take pictures of that too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts