SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the entire time that I've owned this car, I've found that the fog lights turn off whenever I turn the high beams on. I know this is based on laws in some areas that restrict a number of light outputs on the front of a vehicle.

Because I rarely use my high beams, I'm not sure when this happened, but I've found that my fog lights are still on when my high beams are! Don't get me wrong, this makes me happy. I was just wondering if this was a side effect of having lower power LED bulbs for foggies, or if this was an additional software (or part of the software) installed when I got the DRLs disabled?

Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
No not really . . .
weird! possibly some light sensor conditions? When does this happens? all the time, at night, or during the day?
Lol, you probably fried a relay with all your mods ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as my headlights and fog lights are on, if I turn the high beams on, the foggies stay on. Day or night, doesn't matter.

Maybe it's a combination of the DRL disable and the LEDs, who knows? Like I said, I have no problem with it, I was just wondering what may have allowed my car do this.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Full beam + fogs are legal here. My C30 and all my other Volvos did that too. The US C30s don't. You can get it reprogrammed though.

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it was something they accidentally programmed on my car when they did the disable. Hmm... Now if only my high beams could be white, like everything else on the front of my car. Not worth it though, I never use my high beams anyway. The xenons light up enough with all the well lit roads in my area.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just had my HID's recalibrated at the dealer. What a difference! I had written of the volvo headlights for crap, but now its much much more usefule.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts