SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for fogs for my '01 V70. I know they're not very functional, but really I just want them for the looks. Cheapest I've found is $46 for just one light on Amazon. Can anyone do any better?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I mounted the slightly pricier black magic driving light version (different beam pattern and appear black when off :) which are wired into the high beams rather than fogs.

There is an OEM kit I linked in my build thread recently for mounting. If you are Good with metal fab and electrical work you could DIY for cheaper, but the kit comes with all wiring harness bits, mounting brackets, a matching dash switch ,and is designed such that the computer "learns" what the new switch is for and when you reconnect the battery it all just works. Pretty nice.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/30772053

Just double check it fits your year/model. I know it fits p2 xc70s and 90s as well as some v70s.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info! This forum really is helpful. I think I'm gonna go with some driving lights mounted to my roof basket first and see how I like it. I really do think the bumper mounted driving lights look sweet, but probably not as much on my V70. I like the XC70 itself is much more. It's rugged off-road looks are much more attractive, but no manual trans :( Plus their resale value makes them unaffordable for me.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I agree on the forum. Been super helpful to me. I Lurked for a while but only joined a couple months ago and have been absorbing knowledge at a pretty rapid rate.

It's funny you say that about the XC70. I will readily confess I didn't always like it; I had to learn to. This one in particular was my mother's so the "soccer mom car" stigma was extra strong for that reason. When I had my first child on the way they got a 2012 and my stepfather offered me this one for a token price. No way I could turn that down since like you, I couldn't even afford a 10yr old one at the time! It's been great to me and now that I have 2 kids I couldn't imagine owning a different car. That said, having grown up in Volvos from my fathers '67, to the v70, I can't help but sometimes feel like the boxier silhouette of the v70s and earlier is more of a true volvo than my own or anything since.

Excited to see your driving lights. Here's something I always wondered. What is the cleanest way to wire those things when mounted to a roof basket? You have any thoughts on that part yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts