SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Today my led H11 lights arrived.
I replaced them with my existing fog lights and they work just fine!
The only thing is, the fog lights are turned off everytime you start the car.
So I called my dealer and asked if it could be done to set them to ON default when the car starts.
He told me it can't be done, but I think he only wanted to sell me OEM DRL lights.
So my question is, is it true? Is it really impossible to turn them on by default?

Thanks in advance!

Robin

·
Registered
172 Posts
I dont think its possible. It depends on your module in the car i suppose, and if so the car needs to be programmed. But im not sure, maybe some other Swedespeed member can give some certain information about this one.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
no i dont think its possible to have the fog lights on when you turn on your car.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Since it is a push button rather than an on / off switch I would tend to believe it is software driven. That said, unlike the DRL, it may not be something you can turn on and off.
In addition, and I could be wrong with some model yr, but I don't think there is a message recorded when the fog light bulb burns out. So technically you might be able to rewire it to an other systems that is turned on or off with the ignition. You would have to find something that can support the amperage. Your switch won't do anything anymore. But if you're handy with electrical equipment you might be able to wire a relay to use the switch input to actually turn the fog off when needed...

All this said I don't know if you can simply turn a software feature on off to do what you want...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Can be done BUT only from a certain chassis number onwards. I think starting with MY 2011. Before that it isn't possible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so I guess it's not possible then.
Perhaps I should make it a little Arduino project then...
With a lightsensor so it can overwrite the light switches regarding to the light conditions outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts