SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,<P>I plan on re-wiring my foglights so that they can turn on with the parking lights. I got a couple of leads and instructions on how about doing this but I'm still hesitant? Has anyone done it here? Also, by doing this mod, will the fogs still go off when I flip on the highbeams? TIA.<P>Regards,<BR>Mike

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hey Mike,<P>I have a 1996 850 Turbo, and I've done it on my car. Now, I didn't use the stock fog lights, I have aftermarket ones. I just spliced the fog light wires to the turn signal (parking light) wires, and it worked for me. There's 3 stages of lights, off, parking lights, and headlights. On parking lights and headlights they go on. They look nice because they're little yellow ones, that stay on with the parking lights and headlights, so that looks alright...<P>Good Luck Mike<P>

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Joseph,<P>Do your fogs still stay on when you turn on your highbeams? Also, do you use the fog light switch or just the main switch? Thanks again.<P>Regards,<BR>Mike H.<p>[This message has been edited by mike_c70 (edited 03-19-2002).]

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sorry for the delay on the response, I forgot where I posted this... <P>With the high beams on, yes, they stay on, because the turning signal lights stay on, that's what my fogs are spliced with. And I use the main switch. Positions 2 and 3, my fog lights are on.<P>

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JHEIII850Turbo:<BR><B>With the high beams on, yes, they stay on, </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I know in some states(like MD), you need the foglights to be off when you turn on the high beam.<BR>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts