SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are our cars pre-wired for foglights or do we have to hack the wire harness to install them? <p>I am not game for hacking anything in my car. <p>Thanks!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: Fog light pre-wire (DVolvoguy777)

As I recall the car is mostly done already. You will need to add relay and replace one other unit in the fuse box area.<p>The wires should already be mostly there...but it's not a total plug and play deal.<p>What lights do you have, the OEM ones or aftermarket?<p>Cheers,<br>Prospero

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be ordering them this weekend from the Strandburg Jy in Wis, Ill get them by Monday. I want the OEM fogs. <p>If I had my druthers I'd have a bumper from an R and install them complete. I can install OEM connectors, relay, and switch. Thats easy.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: (DVolvoguy777)

Then it sounds like you'll be just fine.<p>Good luck and hope you enjoy the results.<p>Cheers,<br>Prospero

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Fog light pre-wire (Prospero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Prospero</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>The wires should already be mostly there...but it's not a total plug and play deal.<p></TD></TR></TABLE><br>Yeah, it is.<br>Plug lights in, install relay and dash switch (pre wired). That's it

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: Fog light pre-wire (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, it is.<br>Plug lights in, install relay and dash switch (pre wired). That's it</TD></TR></TABLE><p>On my 850 the wires for the passenger side were missing but the driver's side was there...that's why I made that statement. I was not the only person that I know of with the wires most of the way there...just not all the way there.<p>Maybe mine was just an oddball for that year? I did have the 93 style tail lights, 94 style switches and headlights...and a shade of red that no other had...so anything goes.<p>Cheers,<br>Prospero

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Re: Fog light pre-wire (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, it is.<br>Plug lights in, install relay and dash switch (pre wired). That's it</TD></TR></TABLE><p>bull..<p>you need relays my friends.. relays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts