SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!<p>I have a 2001 v70 and am interested in the fog lights for it, however, I was wondering. Is it a plug and play situation after I install it and get a flash from the dealer? <p>Are the wires for the fog lights already hard wired in or do I have to do it myself?<p>THanks!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: fog light install (timwu12)

All the car and wagons are prewired.<br>Buy the kit, install and then take a trip to the dealer to activate them<br>All plug and play (after the dealer trip)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: fog light install (mcahren)

Not cheap, maybe $300

·
Registered
294 Posts
hmmm 300$ at the daler<br>I'm under the impression that it could be parted out cheaper.<br>Inside switch = 15-20$ (dealer)<br>Fog Light Relay = 15-20$ (dealer)<br>Fog light assemblies = 100-120$ (ebay)<p>My swedishparts.com could be a good source for the dealer parts...<br>Am I missing something?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I know this doesn't answer your question,but I had a dealer install a set on my S60,and I don't think they shed enough light to make a difference.For that reason,I have not installed fog lights on the V70.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Re: (Jeff in Ferndale Wa)

i agree, i can not tell when the fog lights are on, even when i try. maybe aftermarket lights, or bulbs would make a difference.<p>it probably makes the car more visible to others, i guess. but, i have not noticed any benifit, even in the fog. i live on a foggy street, and we do not use the fog lights. just another swedish detail that does nothing. they are kind of like the button on the headrest. who uses it?

·
Registered
294 Posts
or add an HID kit to it.... lol<br>Actually, entertaining this option just in case if I have to replace my 35W kit for a 55W one.... Currently, practically no "bulb failure" warning...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts