SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else running one? I ordered one new from Britain. I think I'm a bit obsessed with cooling after owning an rotary. Any gains as far as temps, I figure it will help the life of the engine a bit. Trans, I might go with the side mounted OE one as well.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Anyone else running one? I ordered one new from Britain. I think I'm a bit obsessed with cooling after owning an rotary. Any gains as far as temps, I figure it will help the life of the engine a bit. Trans, I might go with the side mounted OE one as well.
I doubt you'll drop actual oil temps with larger cooler since your coolant is still what will cool your oil and it will be same temps, but it is "larger and it is beneficial" since you'll cover more with it...i would get one...I would go for the additional external OEM trans cooler as well, it is better than not having one as well for sure.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Can anyone post the back side of one of the oil coolers? I always wonder what the inlet to the oil pan looks like

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
I doubt you'll drop actual oil temps with larger cooler since your coolant is still what will cool your oil and it will be same temps, but it is "larger and it is beneficial" since you'll cover more with it...i would get one...I would go for the additional external OEM trans cooler as well, it is better than not having one as well for sure.
Both coolers will have the same water inlet temps, but the larger surface area will result in a lower oil outlet temp that is closer to the water inlet temp than the smaller one can provide.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Both coolers will have the same water inlet temps, but the larger surface area will result in a lower oil outlet temp that is closer to the water inlet temp than the smaller one can provide.
you think???

but it is "larger and it is beneficial" since you'll cover more with it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
AH Great thread...I was thinking of swapping one out while Im under there for the next oil change...regardless it seems like a fun simple mod to do...once youve saved up for it of course...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, if it comes, I paid 235 out the door shipped directly from GB. I pretty excited for this little improvement as I do drive aggressive.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Oil cooler

Wheres the link to that price?
Well, if it comes, I paid 235 out the door shipped directly from GB. I pretty excited for this little improvement as I do drive aggressive.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just two holes on a flat plate . . .

Perfect, that means the male size comes out of the engine, which means that hoses could be connected to a different oil cooler. Any idea how long the male ends coming out of the oil pan are?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts