SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a shop in Charlotte that is going to build me a FMIC. My car should be out of the bodyshop in the next week (hit some tractor trailer retread) and then it is off to the shop to get my FMIC made and use my car for fitment. Using the yanaka (sp?) 22" x 9" x 3" core. They are willing to sell this setup with core to SS members for $975.00. They guys at the shop have studied the existing FMIC thread which was very helpful with details (thanks for those who contributed).

Anyways, just wandering if anyone is interested?
This is a traditional front mount setup. Nothin fancy or unique. straight forward

$975.00
includes core and piping bent to fit.

Unfortunately these have not been tested with anykind of performance garuntee or anything like that. They will come with a 1 year warranty of the parts and labor as shipped. This setup will support up to 450 whp.(yonaka claims 550 but the shop is "playing it safe" on the conservative side)

Feel free to ask questions here or email me.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Re: FMIC SETUPS FOR SALE (R_Rated)

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
...Anyways, just wandering if anyone is interested?
This is a traditional front mount setup.

Bump it with some post-install pics and details of the piping diameter(s) and fitment (collapsed AC/radiator cores or stock but bypassed, full kit or just core and piping etc.) when you get it done please.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
I found a shop in Charlotte that is going to build me a FMIC. My car should be out of the bodyshop in the next week (hit some tractor trailer retread) and then it is off to the shop to get my FMIC made and use my car for fitment. Using the yanaka (sp?) 22" x 9" x 3" core. They are willing to sell this setup with core to SS members for $975.00. They guys at the shop have studied the existing FMIC thread which was very helpful with details (thanks for those who contributed).

Anyways, just wandering if anyone is interested?
This is a traditional front mount setup. Nothin fancy or unique. straight forward

$975.00
includes core and piping bent to fit.

Unfortunately these have not been tested with anykind of performance garuntee or anything like that. They will come with a 1 year warranty of the parts and labor as shipped. This setup will support up to 450 whp.(yonaka claims 550 but the shop is "playing it safe" on the conservative side)

Feel free to ask questions here or email me.
[email protected]

1) Does $975 include all the silicone couplings and clamps? Piping is done in aluminum?

2) Are you planning on relocating AC condensor like Bryan and Jesse did? Very important, because they had to cut and re-weld pipes to do this (highly reccomend re-locating AC condensor to avoid cutting bumper).

3) Does that include the 2"x2"x30" Aluminum Extrusion mounting bracket?

4) Please show lots of pictures, especially interested in sensor attachment piece, will need to be a custom weld.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: FMIC SETUPS FOR SALE ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

1) Does $975 include all the silicone couplings and clamps? Piping is done in aluminum?

2) Are you planning on relocating AC condensor like Bryan and Jesse did? Very important, because they had to cut and re-weld pipes to do this (highly reccomend re-locating AC condensor to avoid cutting bumper).

3) Does that include the 2"x2"x30" Aluminum Extrusion mounting bracket?

4) Please show lots of pictures, especially interested in sensor attachment piece, will need to be a custom weld.

1.) Yes, includes couplings and clamps. Piping is SS made from this:
http://www.yonaka.com/product_...ng%20

2.) Yes, to be installed just like Brian and Jesse had to do. This seems to be the "right" way to do this install even though it's not the easiest way.

3.) Yes, it includes all brackets needed for proper installation.

4.) the sensor attachment will be a plug and go setup when the kit is shipped.

This kit will will be installed exactly how the pics show in the other FMIC thread. Pics will look the same as you see there. I hope this helps.

They are going to make 10 initial kits and after those 10 are purchased the price is going to increase because they will only be buying enough quantity to do one at a time after the initial run.

So far Three kits are spoken for.

Of course I will post some pics in about 3 weeks when the parts arrive and it gets installed in my car but I think by then the initial 10 will hopefully be sold. The reason the price is at this point is because of a bulk purchase.

Modified by R_Rated at 5:45 AM 2-22-2006

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

great job!! You will love it. Hell, you will need it down south in the summer if you want to keep your car performing near as good as it does now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: FMIC SETUPS FOR SALE (Tigers81)

During the install and movement of the AC condenser was it necessary to open any freon lines and subsequent recharge?

Does the kit come with any instructions or is it pretty straight forward?

OK, last question-

Does anybody know of the FMIC coming from Evolve and how this new FMIC compares?

Thanks-

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: FMIC SETUPS FOR SALE (StaggRLee)

do you mind telling me what shop this is, and how knowledgable are they with the R. I'm thinking about the custom exhaust with the magnaflow parts, but i need a good shop to make the pipes and weld. thanks

05 s60R

·
Registered
779 Posts
Re: FMIC SETUPS FOR SALE (Lake Powell)

Lake Powell, yes our dealer installed mine and Bryans, the examples R_Rated is following. In order to keep from cutting the front cross member off (It is screwed in with one screw on each side, but also is tack welded in two places on each side) they had to completely remove the A/C condensor to get the old FMIC out. Of course this required removal of the freon and the lines to get the A/C condensor out. The cost of draining and and recharging the A/C is a much better trade-off then having to cut the cross member off IMO. Plus, it keeps crash protection integrity intact!!!!!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
speed demon is correct. this is the best way to do the install. the shop should be able to do this an abiout 5 hours of labor. This Kit does not come with instructions but should be straight forward.

If you are looking at an exhaust and price is a concern, then pleasse check http://www.eurosporttuning.com as they have a mandrell bent, SS system on sale right now. This will be a cheaper/better than a custom system.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
an update.... a european car tuner may be the ones to sell these and sharing in the R&D process. Regrdless, I will have FMIC on my car in 3 weeks and there will definiyely be one available either from the shop or the company.

The price may vey due to using a much more efficient core. And naturally I do not expect anyone to make any comitments till a final price is established.

I have you IM's from a few of you and if you don't mind please send me an email.

-Josh

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: (R_Rated)

Whoever it is that ends up selling these things, whether it be you or some other company, needs to have product liability insurance intact to cover these PRIOR to them being sold.

If there is any engine damage, product liability insurance will cover that sort of thing. Or someone with this FMIC setup gets in a wreck and wants to sue anyone, lawyers will seek out the weakest link in the chain. And if you don't have product liability, you will, LITERALLY, be owned. Just make sure you protect yourself financially from any liability and get this coverage.

That's why products from companies such as Heico, Evolve, etc. are more expensive than what we think they should be: those companies are smart and have bought product liability insurance to cover everything.

Just an FYI for everyone.

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
Re: (R Salesman)

This a general statement and/or warning that I'll make to suppliers, would-be suppliers, and end users alike.

- the members of this forum have witnessed and some stung by the purchase of products that didn't quite yet exist. Buyer beware, as appropriate.

- performance claims, are often just that... claims.

- be sure any solicitation or sales of products fall within the rules and guidelines of Swedespeed and Vortex Media Group.

- we should all be careful not to negatively criticize or otherwise denigrate other members in a post. If you have a complaint notify a moderator or SS admin.

I am not saying that anyone has done anything wrong, I just want to make sure mistakes of the past are not repeated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts