SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, hope everyone had a great weekend.
Anyone mind posting or sending me a pic/list for the piping needed? I've been beating my head against the wall looking for it. Also Any insight on how to mount the sensor? I'd like to do as much of this at my shop as I can, although I cant weld anything there?

lastly, Opinions on Meth setups? best bang for buck / easiest install?

Thanks again folks.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I used a generic CX racing kit for a 3000gt with 2.5" piping, I bought 3 extra 90 degree 2.5" silicone couplers and a 2.0" to 2.5" straight silicone coupler.

As for mounting the sensor, I drilled a 1/2 inch hole in one of the metal pipes, used 2, 1/2 inch washers so the O-ring on the sensor was sitting flush inside the metal piping, and then liberally applied JB weld around the whole sensor so it would secure the sensor in place and possibly help create a seal.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I installed a ViVA kit myself over a weekend. My advice is to remove the crash bar and the passenger headlight. You don't have to remove either but I found it made the whole process seriously easier. With the crashbar off I had the cooling pack seperated in 15 minutes. Putting it back together was easy too.

When you do reassemble everything, triple check the line-up of the hood closures as some people don't check this and afterwards can't get their hood open. At least not without using the emergency from-underneath method.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts