SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, with the DO88 FMIC, I noted some threads from a few years ago there were some issues mounting this on cars with adaptive cruise control due to the radar unit on the front grille, is this still an issue?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just had the smaller fat one installed last week and its perfect fitment and No issues with the front grill unit and I still used the stock piping along with that. I was going to install the bigger one and Viva mentioned that one of the bolt needs to be trimmed but it got damaged from shipping though. Fortunate to find this smaller DO88 second hand as the seller is selling his car and bringing it back to stock. As far as the IC, I was really pushing the car (safely) and this is probably my favorite upgrade. The car just came alive and quite responsive even when its hot and a bit humid here the last couple of days. Do it, its really worth it.

·
Registered
2011 V60 AWD Hilton stg 3 and lots of bits
109 Posts
I had to reverse one bolt from memory for the large do88 intercooler. Easy workaround, and they do fit (despite do88 Australia telling me to only install the small fat intercooler)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome responses thanks fellas! I saw Built for speed mentioned that he thought the smaller one was better as it picked up less heat from the engine or something.

·
Registered
2015 S60 T6 RD (3L 6Cyl), Heico Turboback + Tips & Pedal Tune, GBF DV+, IPD RSB, Do88 FMIC & more
283 Posts
Awesome responses thanks fellas! I saw Built for speed mentioned that he thought the smaller one was better as it picked up less heat from the engine or something.
Well, whilst that might be true, one can also argue that the bigger one has more surface area to displace heat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the large one on my 2017 t6 drive-e, zero issues and didnt require shaving any bolts.
I definitely prefer the large version given it's wider surface area across the entire front (and looks sick too).

Reactions: William H

·
Registered
2015 S60 T6 RD (3L 6Cyl), Heico Turboback + Tips & Pedal Tune, GBF DV+, IPD RSB, Do88 FMIC & more
283 Posts
I have the large one on my 2017 t6 drive-e, zero issues and didnt require shaving any bolts.
I definitely prefer the large version given it's wider surface area across the entire front (and looks sick too).
Agreed, the bigger one does look pretty awesome, although that is simply a bonus 😀

If you are trying to be stealthy, the smaller one makes sense as it would kind of match the size of the stock intercooler ?? the bigger one makes a statement and you can’t miss it. Any car person will be able to tell, non car people may mistake it for the radiator.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I’m running the big one on my 2011 S60 T6 with ACC. It fit fine. I don’t remember exactly what I did but I vaguely remember using a few washers or something on a bolt that otherwise would have contacted the fmic. It was super easy to make it fit, and anyone with the skill set to install the fmic would be able to come up with a solution. That was one of the easiest things to do on an otherwise rather involved job.

Reactions: S60Rbluejay
1 - 12 of 12 Posts