SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what size Triple Square to use to take out the flywheel bolts ? I’m thinking it’s a 10mm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Anybody know what size Triple Square to use to take out the flywheel bolts ? I’m thinking it’s a 10mm...

12mm triple square. Just bought a set of those bits the other day.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ok I held my 12mm ratcheting wrench over it and could see that the 12mm wrench was a little bigger how much was your kit and from where ?

CARBYNE 9 Piece XZN Triple Square Bit Impact Socket Set, 4mm to 18mm | Chrome Molybdenum Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MCRW6ZF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_3NS.CbZEYX6RC

I got this one it seemed a little bit nicer than all the cheaper sets. I have not used it on an impact gun but used it on my breaker bar/ratchet. They seem to be pretty good quality. They're no snap-on I'm sure though if your a big tool snob haha.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I got a 4 piece set from O'Reilly's for like $12. They work fine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just did this on a S40: triple square 12mm from Auto Zone worked just fine, you just need something to keep the crank from turning.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Just did this on a S40: triple square 12mm from Auto Zone worked just fine, you just need something to keep the crank from turning.
I just used a big screwdriver lol.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CARBYNE 9 Piece XZN Triple Square Bit Impact Socket Set, 4mm to 18mm | Chrome Molybdenum Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MCRW6ZF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_3NS.CbZEYX6RC

I got this one it seemed a little bit nicer than all the cheaper sets. I have not used it on an impact gun but used it on my breaker bar/ratchet. They seem to be pretty good quality. They're no snap-on I'm sure though if your a big tool snob haha.

Thanks!! I go to harbor freight for most of my tools so it doesn’t really matter as long as they work well

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thanks!! I go to harbor freight for most of my tools so it doesn’t really matter as long as they work well

Same lol, got my harbor freight 21 Gal air compressor the other day lol. They're on the come up, there's definitely some decent stuff there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts