SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 1999 awd s70 with the light pressure turbo and I'm looking to improve the sound and flow of my exhaust. As i'm sure you guys already know, the stock awd exhaust system has the tip on the right side of the bumper instead of the left, so Volvo put a cap on the left side where the tip is normally found. This got me thinking about dual exhaust tips. My question is how I should go about this. Should I go to a shop and see if they can fashion a custom cat back system with bigger diameter pipes? Roughly how much do you think they would charge? And please forgive me if I start some trouble here by asking whether to go with Flowmaster or Magnaflow mufflers. I also found that Eurosport has a kit with just dual mufflers. Has anyone done something similar to this? Any sort of input would be greatly appreciated! I already have the ipd short ram intake and the Snabb fresh air tube. Thank you very much,

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been in the Flowmaster manufacturing facilities and their mufflers and design are excellent. Their manufacturing processes are also excellent. Their mufflers are robotically welded and quality is adhered to. Maybe I am biased because of my professional involvement with Flowmaster but they are terrific mufflers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much for your input. I know Flowmaster manufactures many different types or series, but is there anything you would recommend specifically? I have a buddy with a mustang and he has flowmasters and they sound great. But he has a much bigger engine than my 2.4 liter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The best thing to do is to contact Flowmaster. They are very good at fitting the muffler that a customer wants for a specific car. Best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts