SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am new to SwedeSpeed but the site was recommended by a trusted online parts supplier so its good to be here. My problem - I have a 2,000 S70 GLTSE and I ran it out of coolant and it got very hot. No warning light! The engine started running REALLY rough so I shut it off. I need to find a good shop in South Florida to see if it makes sense to put it back on the road. There is about 100K on the car and I love it - replaced just about everything appropriate when you buy a used car and where am I going to find another car I like so much for the money to repair this one?

Recommendations would be much appreciated! I live in Hollywood, in south Florida... but would haul the car just about anywhere in the state for the right shop I could trust.

Best,

Robert

·
Registered
306 Posts
There is an old time shop up here in Daytona. These guys are old school throwbacks. My brother had his 1975 Pontiac towed to them and they got it back on the road in no time. Radiator was clogged with rust. It's a ways from you. Let me know and I will get the contact for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recommend Maitland Importers in Orlando, they're a bit of a drive, but they only do Volvos and MINIs and they're nice, reasonable, and professional

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Highly recommend Davie Motorsports... 4320 Davie Rd Ext, Davie FL . This is in south FL and where I take my cars, Doron is a former Volvo Master Tech who I met at the dealership and still go to him with my out of warranty cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Florida Repair shop recommendation

I recommend Maitland Importers in Orlando, they're a bit of a drive, but they only do Volvos and MINIs and they're nice, reasonable, and professional

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Greetings,

Thank you for the referral - looks like we will be moving to St. Augustine area in a few months so Orlando is not impossible. Would have to tow the car there which is a challenge but will go to Maitland on our next trip north.

Thanks again,

Best,

R

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Florida Repair shop recommendation

Highly recommend Davie Motorsports... 4320 Davie Rd Ext, Davie FL . This is in south FL and where I take my cars, Doron is a former Volvo Master Tech who I met at the dealership and still go to him with my out of warranty cars.
Good afternoon Triniguy2

It freaks me out to talk to a shop that repairs Italian and exotic cars (had dealings with King & Sons in West Palm and they sent me screaming into the night - horrible experience.) I will stop by Davie Motorsports tomorrow and see what they say.

Went by, met Doron - he seems really knowledgable but they charge $140/hour - within a couple of bucks of the dealer and I know Mr. Ramon at Volvo N. Miami is flawless. He has saved me many hundreds, really thousands of $ by fixing things other dealers/shops wanted to just start replacing parts. The shop is immaculate but they work on Italian and really exotic cars which is a bit different focus than a 2,000 Volvo with a blown motor.

Thank you very much for the referral but I will keep looking around.

Best,

r.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts