SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driver Registration opens on November 6th at 8am at www.wannagofast.com/ocala.php for the January 23-24th Florida 1/2 Mile Shootout at Jumbolair Airport in Ocala, FL!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is an event like this fun with a fairly stock VR?
I mean any chances to be somewhat competitive?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I've only been once as a spectator and it was great fun. I will run my essentially stock VR next time just to do it. How often can you run your car flat out for 1/2 mile? The other cars there are amazing. I would venture to bet that we saw $1B in exotic and modified cars.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if you have a VR the number of people that will be amazed at what a wagon can do esp a Volvo. Stock with a tune should do about 12 to 136mph.It's like cars and coffee but you get to see what they can do. I can't compete with the 2000 HP AWD cars but we are sure making a name for the VR on the west coast

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
The announcer last week loved Ron's last pass on Saturday. He was up against a CTS-V wagon and only a few MPH behind. He went crazy that it was a volvo wagon. Ron would have smoked the CTS-V if is car was at "normal" standard of 140MPH. That VR is fast.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts