SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Florida coming up January and Virginia in April. Also Race the runway will be up in Ontario in the summer. If you want to see what a heavy car can do the 1/2 mile is the place

·
Registered
170 Posts
Where in Ontario?

·
Registered
453 Posts
...and where in VA?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Ron when are you going to stop messing around, and come hit up the world of speed at Bonnivlle Salt flats out here?

This year they were put off beacuse it was too wet, but usually do them every year.

I think you would qualify for the 3 mile short course. If you have a roll cage and other bits you can do the 5 mile course, which is a pretty good run at top speed.

I would LOVE to see a Volvo Wagon go 200 mph. If I remember right the top of 6th gear in the auto box is just under 200 mph at the stock redline.

http://saltflats.com

It's about an hour and half west from where I live in Utah.

If you do decide to come out ever let me know, you can stay at my house and/or park and work on your car in my shop.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's on my list. The guys who do the Mojave 1 1/2 mile are a lot of the same people who do the salt flats. If I hit my goal of 170 at the mile and half I will think of a Utah event. The roll cage is the tough one as I'm trying to keep the car Street-ish :)D ). Although the way their rules work I could bust out on the last run then get dis-qualified . The 40 hp VW Karmann Ghia class is wild, 150 MPh in the 1 1/2 mile Mojave event with 40 HP. They do a motor change after each run.

I'm also looking at the Silver State Classic. I know Tony was talking about it last year.

If all goes well we hope to set a high bar for the R's this year with min of 155 mph in the 1/2 mile. Portland Airstrip will be a fun event as we are looking at putting a team together.

We will be passing through Utah in a few weeks in the XCR on a 9.5K + 6 week road trip One Lap 2016

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks for the info CKA. I'm quite interested in checking this out. Its about 3hrs from me. If anyone is interested in going let me know, we could caRavan...sorry, couldn't Resist...damn.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Florida sold out in 12 minutes! Sad face...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts