SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I find weathertech mats to bulky and not elegant. The OEM mats do a great job in keeping the interior clean. I have had rubber mats in my MY01 V70 since day one; survived close to 10 brutal winters in Philadelphia and Chicago and over 100,000 miles and they still look great. I use the front mats year round now (we are on SoCal) and still going strong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is also my question. I am looking for a winter/weather mat for my xc90. Anyone has a recommendation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
826 Posts
GrecianVolvo, The quality of OEM mats are usually not put in question. The problem is they do not raise up on the sides to prevent road salt to go in the carpet in winter.

Which is where after market options can shine.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I like the oem rubber mats I got for mine. I've never personally been a fan of weather techs. To each their own of course.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the OEM all weather mats and I'm very impressed. They have a very tight fit at the edge to keep water and grit off the carpet. Better than the other aftermarket mats I've had in the past.

·
Registered
157 Posts
+1 Volvo OEM Rubber Matts work really well and are fitted perfectly. I would however like to see a Weathertech single piece rubber trunk liner and have submitted a request thru their website.

·
Registered
702 Posts
If you live somewhere there is a decent amount of snow, there is nothing like the WeatherTech Floor Liners. They contain any amount of snow melt off your boots and shoes and completely protect the interior. The OEM mats are fine, but any decent amount of snow melt will overspill onto the floor of the car and fringes of the carpet. Salt stains are very difficult to remove.

The WeatherTech Floor Liners are not yet available for the new XC90, however I expect they will be by the end of the year. They said they'd send me a notification when they are available. I will post here.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Thanks paradox. How much was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I forget off hand as it was in May but I think all three rows were $190?

Nope, $184 shipped no tax unless in Rhode Island. I was close... It's $149 for 5 mats which are the front and rear (the fifth mat in the second row is for the center hump) and then $49 more if you want the third row rubber mat as well.

http://steingoldvolvo.ecrater.com/p...r-volvo-xc90-rubber?keywords=Xc90+rubber+mats
http://steingoldvolvo.ecrater.com/p...r-volvo-xc90-rubber?keywords=Xc90+rubber+mats

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you live somewhere there is a decent amount of snow, there is nothing like the WeatherTech Floor Liners. They contain any amount of snow melt off your boots and shoes and completely protect the interior. The OEM mats are fine, but any decent amount of snow melt will overspill onto the floor of the car and fringes of the carpet. Salt stains are very difficult to remove.

The WeatherTech Floor Liners are not yet available for the new XC90, however I expect they will be by the end of the year. They said they'd send me a notification when they are available. I will post here.
Yep. There are Weathertech floor mats and then there are the floor liners, which are superior to any floor mat in winter. WeatherTech manufacture all the OEM BMW floor liners which are identical apart from the badging.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I managed to get all oem mats + trunk mat for 300 shipped on eBay, essentially half price. I think that seems the way to go. Looked at all other aftermarket options and none satisfied me.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I have the OEM all weather mats and I'm very impressed. They have a very tight fit at the edge to keep water and grit off the carpet. Better than the other aftermarket mats I've had in the past.
+1. I use the carpeted mats until the first sign of snow, then swap out in favor of the rubber mats...works great!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Like MDem, I also got the OEM all weather mats plus the 3 piece all weather cargo mat for $300 through myswedishparts.com.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Floor Mats

We ordered our XC90 T8 which is scheduled for delivery in December. Our dealer said that there was a "Protection Package", but it was not on the Volvo website yet. It includes all mats (rubber) in addition to the carpet mats as well as the rear stainless steel protective trim that goes on the top of the rear bumper. We ordered the package, as it was cheaper to order everything that way instead of individually.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am thinking about getting Lloyd Mats. For $225 you cover the entire vehicle and Porsche owners swear by them.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/Wizards/floor_mat_wizard3.cgi?command=load_frame&mat=rub
I was first considering Lloyd, especially because I could get them in red, but from what I heard, they are cut to size by machine and the edges look as if they were cut out. The OEM mats have a finished, raised lip that prevent spillage and are much higher quality apparently.

M

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the OEM Volvo for now (dealer threw them in) but I will await the WeatherTech. They are the best mat/liner that I have seen and I've used them for years.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts