1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone here own this?
It has a motorsport badge on the rear.
It's for sale in FL (wholesale).
Looks quite nice, has been a Southern car all its life from FL to TX and back to FL

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
:eek:For some reason I just can't picture that color combo.:eek:

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why not?
In the beginning..... there was only F/G with Gobi or Atacama, you could not get Nordkap
In the middle of 2004 Nordkap became available.
I think my friend had the first F/G Nordkap VR wagon brought over. It's MUCH better than Gobi and more subdued than Atacama
Remember FG is a blue-green so why wouldn't a very dark blue interior work, it does.
I put a bid in on this, it's one of the nicer R's I've seen in a long time that's been offered wholesale and very nicely detailed!
(Whether they take it is another matter)!

I'm not sure if this is a good example to look at as the FG is very bright in this shot and not representative...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
i always thought I would like Nordkap with a flash green.. I must admit I like the atacama combo much better.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It's funny that you posted this, because I was thinking of posting it a few days ago as well. Honestly, I think Flash and Nordkap looks absolutely terrible together. Atacama and even Gobi seem to both work a lot better (IMHO).

If anyones is interested, there is (was) another high-mileage Flash Green/Body-Packaged/Gobi SR MT that was in Florida:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S60-...sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#v4-41

There is also at 25K mile Red SR MT that seems to look like it's gone to hell and back in New Jersey:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURB...STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_47156wt_1024

Worst of all, in Pennsylvania Carmax is auctioning this 2004 SR MT that looks like it's still in hell:
http://www.carmaxauctions.com/vehicles.aspx/publicvehicledetail/yv1rh52y042367288

Actually to add to this list, we have seemed to have lost another R to Sandy (pictures not yet available):
http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch...23s3&lotId=28065732&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

·
Registered
459 Posts
What's wrong with the 25k mile red one? Looks good to me?

Actually I take that back....front license plate holder is crooked (probably a replacement bumper) and probably serious enough previous damage because that front drivers wheel looks like a re-paint because its darker. (Suspension problems possibly)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
What's wrong with the 25k mile red one? Looks good to me?

Actually I take that back....front license plate holder is crooked (probably a replacement bumper) and probably serious enough previous damage because that front drivers wheel looks like a re-paint because its darker. (Suspension problems possibly)
If you look at the front end, the bumper is really sagging in the middle, and the headlamp wiper is incredibly misaligned. In addition to the repainted front wheel, all of the others seem to be curbed heavily.

Aside from that, the interior seems to be in very good condition. My first speculation would be that it was a car that resided in NYC. That would explain the low mileage and the exterior abuse.

·
Registered
859 Posts
They probably took the bumper off on the Red R and repainted it, then put on a new front plate bracket. Yeah, I saw that car a couple days ago on ebay. I'd be scared based on how bad that bumper and curb rashed rims are.

With the titanium one, given how the interior was maintained.... I don't even want to think about the drivetrain. I honestly gagged a little while looking through those pictures.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
If anyone is actually interested in the Flash Green/Nordkap, the seller wants $9,200 on OVE for it. Looking at the Carfax, it's different from the AutoCheck - it's actually a 4-Owner, always in Florida - and recently traded at a Nissan Dealer.

·
Banned
182 Posts
MMR tells the "TRUE VALUE" story for all the potential buyers the next time you buy a car from the forum "Guru" :eek:

·
Registered
13,481 Posts
That red one has been available for several months now - another color combo I could live without.

I don't know why someone would take the time to even post that titanium one it looks so nasty. A couple of days with a decent detailer would probably do wonders there.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I own it now
Seems to be a VERY nice R regardless of color, etc which is the important thing (and not at that "buy it now" price)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts