SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
What's a flare?

(Off topic but is that a lowered XC60? Why not go for V60 instead? Feels like defeating the purpose of having a SUV).

Registered
It looks like a photo from the Japan car magazine "af imp." (see the license plate). You might start your search there.

Registered
Heico makes flares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks penguin. I was looking for the heico ones but i could not seem to find them. The ERST ones are the ones i would want to get if i could get them.

Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
The ERST ones are the ones i would want to get if i could get them.
Contact George at ViVA Performance. He has access to their parts. Given that he has to use a supplier outside the US, the price might be uncomfortably high. Then again... it might be worth it if it's what you want.

Registered
I like the look of the erst parts quite a lot! Hadn't seen that kit before.

Wonder what the cost to Viva would be to become a US dealer for erst?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Contact George at ViVA Performance. He has access to their parts. Given that he has to use a supplier outside the US, the price might be uncomfortably high. Then again... it might be worth it if it's what you want.
yea that would be a problem. It would be great if one of these chinese companies can make some knock off flares. I think i'd pay up to 300-500 for a unpainted set., but not 700-1000 that ERST and Heico want. I see so many accessories from china on ebay right now, but nothing like this. The erst ones make the xc60 look more like the xc90 with the flares.

Registered
What's a flare?

(Off topic but is that a lowered XC60? Why not go for V60 instead? Feels like defeating the purpose of having a SUV).
"Flares" are the piece that sit along the wheel well and stick out slightly.

As for your off-topic comment probably one of the same reason why we chose the XC60 vs V60 (added height in the rear cargo area).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Flares" are the piece that sit along the wheel well and stick out slightly.

As for your off-topic comment probably one of the same reason why we chose the XC60 vs V60 (added height in the rear cargo area).
This, but also because women don't seem to like wagons and a happy wife is a happy life lol.

Registered
And because we've been buying the XC60 for years and the head-shed in Got just recently saw fit to ship us some V60's here in the USA. :)

Perfect Volvo (IMO) would be a Polestar V60L CC :) Extra clearance for curbs and a bit of slush, extra room in the back for todays mondo-sized car seats and that sweet sweet exhaust note :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts