SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a P0420 on my 07 XC90 3.2 AWD and I replaced the flex pipe with converters since my original was leaking bad at the flex assuming that was causing the code. I have since gotten rid of the P0420 and inherited a P0171 code and now I am confused. I changed air filters, cleaned the MAF and my 02's seem to be reading fine on live data, what else can cause this code? I never had it until I replaced the leaking exhaust. My exhaust now seems great and I don't believe there are any leaks.

Thanks
DH

·
Registered
2008 XC90 3.2
1,391 Posts
You need to find someone with VIDA who can read Volvo specific codes, when the codes occurred, and how often it happens. Apps like Torque or other generic readers only give general codes and live data, but there is much more info to read.

Some things to consider, if the fuel pressure sensor is intermittently off, the MAP sensor could be off, intake flaps not working well, intake boots leaking air (after the MAF), could be O2 sensor that is off, PCV?, etc.

One thing you can do is spray a little carb cleaner around intake seals and boot connectors to see if there are any small leaks. If the rpms go up, then you spotted a leak.

To help you see what the intake variables are, where more air can get in after the MAF, https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/...=7072&ukey_driveLine=505&ukey_trimLevel=24666 Notice how the intake manifold splits into two different banks, not to say this is the source of your issue. It is one potential area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts