SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a few years I traveled a 5-hour high-speed bug infested trip from Sarasota to Tallahassee a few times a month. When I would pull into town I would immediately wash my car at the coin pressure wash to remove the bugs and road grime before they had a chance to damage the finish. The fix for the bugs is using a few dryer sheets (Bounce etc.) to wipe the bugs off after wetting and spraying the car with pre-wash. Make sure the car and dryer sheets are wet. The bugs come off pretty easy and it does not seem to harm the finish. The dryer sheet tip came from an Auto Zone parts guy while I was buying my favorite Prestone Bug Wash for the windshield washer reservoir. Washing the clear coated wheels when hot (or warm), however, left ugly water spots and dull staining on the silver parts of the wheels. After several different products I eventually had good luck with the following... On clean and cool wheels, use Maguire's Ultimate Compound (a clear coat safe rubbing compound) by hand you can rub pretty hard. Just rub it on, and wipe it off, you do not need to let it dry. Then immediately finish the wheel with KLASSE the all-in-one acrylic cleaner/protector. KLASSE is what I use after washing to clean, protect and shine the entre car (painted parts, lights, windows, black plastic). It works great and is very quick and easy to use (I get KLASSE from Autogeek). A little goes a long way so you do not have to buy a big bottle. You only need to use it 2-3 times per year. But, it is so good and easy to do I use it when ever I want to make the car look great.

NOTE: the Klasse alone would not remove my water spots and stains. If yours aren't too bad Klasse alone might do the trick.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts