SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good way to fix creaking interior panels? My V70 sounds worse than my body first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Without taking apart the entire dash and console you could try some Teflon dry lube spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem areas seem to be the rear cargo area and console. I remember somebody posting about how to fix the console issues using tape, IIRC. Maybe some single sided adhesive teflon tape along the joints?

·
Registered
17,316 Posts
Console may just be loose

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Console may just be loose
It's securely mounted to the floor and dash. It's been out of the car and partially disassembled twice now. Seems like once you take plastic interior pieces apart once or twice, the noises start.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sure it's interior panels? I thought mine was creaking which turned out to be lose sunroof bolts. I ended up pulling every panel off and applying adhesive backed foam strip to every panel. It didn't fix my rattle but sure made the rest of the car quiet. lol

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
It's securely mounted to the floor and dash. It's been out of the car and partially disassembled twice now. Seems like once you take plastic interior pieces apart once or twice, the noises start.
I feel the same way... Recently just fixed an annoying creak in my center console after taking it out to replace the cupholder housing with cover. Everything bolted back together tightly. Ended up going at the specific creaking areas with some mastic tape. That stuff works wonders!! I also lined the cupholder with that as well before installing so that nothing put in there will rattle or vibrate around while driving. Can tend to happen specifically with plastic bottles or metal water bottles that don't fit in the holders snuggly. Just lined the entire bottom and the top lip area.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure it's interior panels? I thought mine was creaking which turned out to be lose sunroof bolts. I ended up pulling every panel off and applying adhesive backed foam strip to every panel. It didn't fix my rattle but sure made the rest of the car quiet. lol
The handle on my sunroof shade is loose. But, that rattles, not creaks.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
What they use at the factory is Felt Tape, Volvo put a big strip of it between the Climate Control Module and Radio

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
What they use at the factory is Felt Tape, Volvo put a big strip of it between the Climate Control Module and Radio
This is true, and I've seen some random small pieces on the center console if you take it apart. But filling it in completely yourself is the best bet. The Volvo felt applied at the factory is paper thin.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I feel like lost of it is just the leather interior components rubbing against each other.

My XC is worse when the rear seats are folded flat.

My old S60r had a creak that drove me crazy... And after driving around with my cousin in the trunk we determined it was coming from where the rear deck met the body. And resolved it by wedging a bunch of foam in to that joint to stop whatever movement was making the noise.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Put some teflon tape between the panels in the RH cargo area. Wasn't as sticky as I'd like. So, we'll see how long it lasts. Still need to do the other side. Then, see if it made any difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts