SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the seats out of a 2021 XC90 will fit in a 2009 XC90?
  • frame dimension compatibility?
  • electrical connectors for seat heating, seat movement, memory and air bags?
  • any coding necessary?
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Green White Light Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
I doubt these would fit without possible redrilling and/or rewiring. They might fit dimensionally, but who knows. Would probably be easier (and cheaper) to get new seat covers that mimic the newer style & reskin your interior

·
Registered
374 Posts
Depending upon where you live you may be able to get a mobile Katzkin Installer to put new skins on your seat.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Actually seeing where you live now, there isn't any mobile techs, closest would be Cleveland, OH. You may beable to find a Restyler near you though, they work with Katzkin.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
I'm thinking a seat re-build like what @Exocet did with his V70, transferring a P3 seat onto a P2 frame would be the only way to get this done and I don't know that it's even possible.

This would entail removing the SPA seatcover and foam and transferring it onto a P2 frame, keeping the P2 seat heater and all P2 connectors in place. Would be quite the undertaking.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Putting front P3 seats into a P2 platform is pretty straight forward. Fitting front SPA seats into a P2 is a complete unknown. The rear seats probably aren't compatible in either case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
The seats on my '09 weren't hard to R&R, so I would take the driver's seat out and compare them. I replaced mine with a set of older seats that were otherwise the same, but I transferred the seat modules to eliminate issues with electronic compatibility. The modules connect to airbags in the seats, so electronics is a biggie. Disconnect the battery before disconnecting anything to avoid triggering a SRS fault.
I'd take that project on in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
84 Posts
the airbags and occupant sensor will be your issue, since it's a different model year it's going to be incompatible due to wiring differences. Worst of all newer modules are coded specific to the VIN and this could brick your seat module, worst cause issues with the CAN bus.

·
Administrator
55,961 Posts
When we did the P3 seat swap into my P2 V70R and I posted to instagram, and a guy from Russia sent me a photo of a P2 with SPA seats ... I can't find the photos. :(.

If you can get the SPA seat foam on to a P2 frame, you maybe able to leverage the P2 modules and wiring.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've never taken the Volvo seat foam off but just like other cars that shouldn't be really tricky the bottom of the seat will be the easiest and the backrest will be your most intricate depending on how Volvo attached it to the actual foam to the frame.

I really think it. Can be done if you have the time! The money portion is already taken care of it looks like with getting the SPA seats.

Only thing I'm wondering about is the airbags not the connections but the actual airbags themselves if they are a different size different bracket holding them on exc...

Your going to have to take both sets of skins off the seats to probably swap airbags just an FYI

1 - 10 of 10 Posts