SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked online and only seem to come up with universal adapted carpet sets.

Does anyone know of a source for a fitted/shaped carpet to replace the stock rubber floor mat?
I would rather not deal with getting a custom one made from a local street rod shop.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,615 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
I have checked online and only seem to come up with universal adapted carpet sets.

Does anyone know of a source for a fitted/shaped carpet to replace the stock rubber floor mat?
I would rather not deal with getting a custom one made from a local street rod shop.

Thanks,
Do you want the new carpet to fit exactly like the old rubber mat?

George Dill

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
supercharger

These are made by VP autoparts, so you may just as well talk to them.

And if you want rubber mats (like original) those are about $100 more.

Did you install the supercharger? Where did it come from? You didn't succeed at the impossible, which is to get John Parker to communicate and deliver something did you?
The supercharger works great,I built a dedicated motor for it 2 years ago with special cam and B20F head work,balanced ,VCS Stage four clutch +16 lb flywheel

This supercharger sat on a friends shelf for 20 years, I grew up wanting to see what it could do.
John Parker is ..... never got a response from him re his "supercharger" cam

Ron Iskenderian was very helpful on a custom grind.IMO all the flaming Isky/IPD get about their cams is from people who don't have a clue. I have used them for decades in street and race Volvos and are first class

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts

Thanks,
On the back of the OEM rubber mat in the 122 is a hemp-like fiber that does not reach to the outer edges of the rubber mat. This thin rubber outer edge is what fits under the kick panels and soft-metal jamb panels. This fitment is what holds the mat in proper position. A new carpet set having thick edges will be very difficult to install properly unless you modify the panels or new carpet or both.

George Dill

·
Registered
174 Posts
Reviving this old thread to see if anyone has any experience with any of the different carpet sets for a 4 door Amazon. I'm looking for a black set and I'm a little skiddish about dropping $3-400 sight-unseen on carpet.

I'm going to place an order with Olaf at www.vintageimportparts.com for new kick panels, and he has some different carpet sets.

Recommendations? Experiences?
Mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks George - I've looked at that that blog many a time. Sounds a little difficult - aren't there issues with binding the edges of the carpet, etc? I'm all for saving a few dollars and definitely not building a concurs car, but I don't want to invest time and money in something that looks home-made and that I'll have to replace within a year or two.
-Mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
I love those rubber heel pads... looks outrageously good.

Here are some I've stumbled across:
Vintage Import Parts - Page 9. Haven't seen photos yet, comes with a handbrake boot. Looks like the heel pad set is separate from the carpet set? Need to get the kick panels and some misc parts from Olaf already.
Road Works Auto - looks to be standard auto carpet cut to fit? $410
Scandcar.NL - What George posted above, $300. Looks good, but how's shipping from NL?

Thanks for the help.
Mike

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally got around to posting a you tube Here is a video of this motor
The supercharger works great,I built a dedicated motor for it 2 years ago with special cam and B20F head work,balanced ,VCS Stage four clutch +16 lb flywheel

This supercharger sat on a friends shelf for 20 years, I grew up wanting to see what it could do.
John Parker is ..... I never got a response from him re his "supercharger" cam

Ron Iskenderian was very helpful on a custom grind.IMO all the flaming Isky/IPD get about their cams is from people who don't have a clue. I have used them for decades in street and race Volvos and are first class

·
Registered
4 Posts
To follow up, I did end up ordering the carpets from Olof at VIP...

...and I'm VERY happy with the quality. They have the rubber "Amazon" heelpads, and really nice leather(ish) bound seams. Comes with insulation as well. I'll post photos once I've installed.
-Mike
I would love to see these installed. I just picked up my first 122 and it needs some serious love inside. The carpet was replaced by the prior owner through swedish treasures, but the carpet down not seem to be held in place well. Does the carpet need to be held down via pieces of trim or via double sided tape (the latter seems like it would not be a good long term solution).

Any help / info regarding a SECURE carpet install is appreciated!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts