SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2015 S60 has been humming along with no issues for around 4 months now, but I finally got an electrical/sensor glitch via a warning light.

While I was driving out of LA this weekend, I noticed that this image appeared on the HUD.

The image did go away after a few minutes, but it did appear while I was going 75 MPH on the highway.
This morning I went to go start my car and it appeared again. I pop'ed the hood and closed with with a bit more 'umph' but the HUD still displayed the same thing.
After driving around town for 2-4 hours running errands, the warning light/message finally went away.
Note that one thing I did notice while the warning light was on, was that the auto start/stop feature stopped functioning and when I went to lock the car, there would not be a "beep" that usually accompanies the doors locking.

I'm curious to see if the warning light appears again tomorrow morning before work. Any ideas or should i just take it into the dealership?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Take it to your dealership. They can read any stored error codes to narrow down the issue. That would be disconcerting to have warnings for the engine hood.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
It could be the hood latch sensor that went bad; not uncommon for it to go bad.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I did take it to the dealership and it ended up being a bad hood catch/latch. They replaced the part and I'm on my way. Pretty good service and speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts